Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Card in USA

Options
  • 26-06-2014 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

HI BOI

Just a general question about using credit cards in the USA..

As my credit card is chip and pin i presume they just swipe it in the US and i sign for it?
    I have heard from friends who have been in the US in the past that they were asked for ID when making a transaction as there was no  C&P facility....

Surely the signature on the back of the card is enough to verify when signing in the shop? 

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi bizebee,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards.ie

As your card would be different from most US cards you may be asked for ID to verify your identity. It would be down to each retailer whether they need to see your ID or not when you are asked to sign for the purchase. 

I hope you have a nice trip and please let us know if you need help with anything else.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement