Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Miele Outlet Sale

Options
  • 26-06-2014 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

Some good bargains to be had at these Outlet sales in the past. Miele make some excellent home appliances.

From their website
    The Miele Outlet Sale
    On Saturday June 28th, Miele will hold an ‘Outlet Sale’ at the Miele premises on the Broomhill Road in Tallaght.
    Avail of incredible reductions, with UP TO 50% OFF selected Miele ex-display and end of line appliances. Limited stocks available. Terms and conditions apply.
    Opening hours: 10am – 1pm.
    Address: Broomhill Business Complex, Broomhill Road,Tallaght, Dublin 24
    Tel: 01 4610710
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭andy1249

Be very wary of outlet/shops malls

http://www.forbes.com/sites/investopedia/2012/12/29/7-tips-for-outlet-mall-shopping/

Most goods sold in outlet stores are made for outlet stores , i.e. not nearly as good as the full retail equivalent.
    If not , they are usually line rejects or defective in some way , so what looks like a bargain is usually nothing of the sort.

Miele are premium priced items , and the genuine article may actually be worth the money , but where is the sense in say , paying half price for a defective Miele when the equivalent brand new non defective hotpoint will most likely outlive and outperform it , and most likely comes in cheaper than the defective unit in any case.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

sorry andy but your post couldn't be more wrong

while i agree that people should be very weary of outlet stores the meile premises is not an outlet store.
    its their ireland headquaters and is being used to shift exdisplay/ end of line and is not a continously stocked "outlet store".

(Also hotpoint is now one of the worst brands you could buy, not like they used to be. I'd rather get a 10 year old, constantly used meile than a new hotpoint.)

edit: a defective meile ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Well while we are at it, I disagree on Hotpoint. We had a hotpoint fridge, washing machine and dishwasher for 7/8 years.

Fridge worked perfectly, we just kept breaking doors and shelves! And bought another Hotpoint.
    Dishwasher handle lock broke twice, was cheap to replace the part the first time, second time we replaced the machine as we were remodelling anyway.
    Washing machine lasted about 6 years (with 3 small kids, machine running nearly every day) before a motor went, we upgraded to a more efficient one...

Anyway, I wouldn't go out to Tallaght on my day off on the off-chance that there was a deal I liked...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭SteM

Dickerty wrote: »
    Well while we are at it, I disagree on Hotpoint. We had a hotpoint fridge, washing machine and dishwasher for 7/8 years.

But donegal. said
    Also hotpoint is now one of the worst brands you could buy, not like they used to be. I'd rather get a 10 year old, constantly used meile than a new hotpoint.

so you're saying that you bought stuff 8 years ago. He's saying they were good (maybe 8 years ago?) but their newer stuff is poor. You're not really disagreeing with him.

SteM wrote: »
    so you're saying that you bought stuff 8 years ago. He's saying they were good (maybe 8 years ago?) but their newer stuff is poor. You're not really disagreeing with him.

I know people with 20yr old HP machines. But their stuff seems to have taken a nosedive about 10 years ago, and again more recently.
    Also i don't 6 years is very long for a machine to last, especially at HP price range .

Fridges on the other hand, the cheapest ones seem to last just as long as the dear ones (for fecking ages) and are almost as efficient .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Miele produce industrial goods and make a small amount of goods for households. Most industrial washing machines are miele and household mieles are made to the same standard. My mother has a 15 year old miele which hasn't had a single issue and it does 2/3 washes a day. Miele believe their washing machines can last at least 20 years

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Curious Geroge

Is this the first year Miele have done this ? Is it worth the trip to Dublin for the offerings ?

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭dermiestv

Is this the first year Miele have done this ? Is it worth the trip to Dublin for the offerings ?

I was there at one about 4 years ago so I'm not sure if its an annual event or less frequent, but definitely it is a rare enough event.

The queues started early and there wasn't a ticket system. Might have changed since. Perhaps someone can update. If you're going one errant to Dublin as I did, I'd get there an hour before opening and stand at the door, unless they have a new queue system.

I picked up a good dishwasher at about 30% off normal. There was a wide selection of ex-display appliances. There was at least one vacuum cleaner for everyone who wanted one.

Miele make excellent products and offer great service in my experience. Check out the Which? magazine reviews or reader surveys. I've no connection to them.

This sale isn't anything similar to other so-called factory outlets.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

Did anyone get over to this? I was away on holidays so missed it. Just before I went away my Miele vacuum decided to give up the ghost.

I was wondering do they have a factory shop in City West?

For the moment, I have a lend of a spare Dyson from my folks, which is essentially a sweeping brush with the amount of suction it has

• Registered Users Posts: 5,642 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Yep. Went over mid-morning to find a queue. Took about 20 mins to get in. I wanted to get a new integrated fridge. There were lots of appliances and well laid out in sections so all you had to do was focus on what you wanted to get.

The general gist was to find what you wanted and sit on it till a sales person came to assist. They marked up a docket and marked the item as sold if you weren't taking it away there and then.

I'd say half the items were ex-display from all the shops while the other half were still in original packaging with no damage visible to any packaging.

They had a huge amount of vacuum cleaners. Only S2 and S8 models but all in original packaging (end of line stock). I got an S8 which was originally priced at €319 reduced to 199! Worth the trip just for the S8 even though I would have liked to have found a suitable integrated fridge (they only have one model listed normally online which suited but they didn't have it in the outlet sale).

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭TimMac

astrofluff wrote: »
    Yep. Went over mid-morning to find a queue. Took about 20 mins to get in. I wanted to get a new integrated fridge. There were lots of appliances and well laid out in sections so all you had to do was focus on what you wanted to get.

The general gist was to find what you wanted and sit on it till a sales person came to assist. They marked up a docket and marked the item as sold if you weren't taking it away there and then.

I'd say half the items were ex-display from all the shops while the other half were still in original packaging with no damage visible to any packaging.

They had a huge amount of vacuum cleaners. Only S2 and S8 models but all in original packaging (end of line stock). I got an S8 which was originally priced at €319 reduced to 199! Worth the trip just for the S8 even though I would have liked to have found a suitable integrated fridge (they only have one model listed normally online which suited but they didn't have it in the outlet sale).

Is this the vacum,seems to be e199 on sale with power city normal price 229 . In the market for a new vacum, is it any good?
    http://www.powercity.ie/?par=40-50-094686

flanzer wrote: »
    Did anyone get over to this? I was away on holidays so missed it. Just before I went away my Miele vacuum decided to give up the ghost.

I was wondering do they have a factory shop in City West?

For the moment, I have a lend of a spare Dyson from my folks, which is essentially a sweeping brush with the amount of suction it has

sorry , theres no factory shop in city west.

and dyson are ****e considering the price of them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

donegal. wrote: »
    sorry , theres no factory shop in city west.

and dyson are ****e considering the price of them

Thanks, and tell me about it. How James Dyson became a billionaire is beyond me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

TimMac wrote: »
    Is this the vacum,seems to be e199 on sale with power city normal price 229 . In the market for a new vacum, is it any good?

I picked up that model in Dec 2012 & it's an absolute beast of a yoke - would highly recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

I have to agree with Yamanoto i have the same one,the best vacuum ive ever bought.
    If it broke on me tomorrow id go back and buy the same one again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

Yamanoto wrote: »
    I picked up that model in Dec 2012 & it's an absolute beast of a yoke - would highly recommend it.

I second they are excellent and very strong, sturdy too.

i fifth that.

TimMac wrote: »

I just checked the long number and it is an S8730 which has the HEPA filter system on it (Power City has the S8310). From a quick search most online websites show it at €299.99.

here's the model list on Miele website

I bought a Miele 700 Cat and Dog about 10 years ago - still works but definitely suffered general wear over the years so it was time for a new one. The S8 models are 2200 Watt whereas the Cat and Dog one I had was 1800Watt. So seeing it had an extra 400Watts I got a bit giddy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Another vote for miele, we got one several years ago and it was so powerful that a rug we had never been able to get clean with out old cleaner and was about to be thrown out came out like new after one go over. It was so powerful in fact that I had to turn the thing down as it kept lifting the rug off the floor!

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

vibe666 wrote: »
    Another vote for miele, we got one several years ago and it was so powerful that a rug we had never been able to get clean with out old cleaner and was about to be thrown out came out like new after one go over. It was so powerful in fact that I had to turn the thing down as it kept lifting the rug off the floor!

What about washing machines?

And is there a bargain alert here?

Miele tend to be the same price in all shops. The likes of Currys can never include Miele products in their sales - its always in the small print. If you want a Miele bargain, the outlet sale is probably the only bargain alert going to be posted here.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

astrofluff wrote: »
    Miele tend to be the same price in all shops. The likes of Currys can never include Miele products in their sales - its always in the small print. If you want a Miele bargain, the outlet sale is probably the only bargain alert going to be posted here.

Arnotts often have sale on these online

Thanks John, the way I read it is that if it's on sale in one shop, it's on sale in all other shops. Similar to the way Apple price their products - it doesn't matter where you buy it, it'll be the same price. And when it's coming to end of line, the shops will reduce their prices (most probably because Miele dictate the selling price).

A quick look at Arnotts has this on Sale: Miele T8402C for €999 (down from €1,098)

Briscoes have it also for same reduced price Linky

Can't find any other Irish bricks and mortar shops. DID have it listed but with no price so I reckon it's end of line/discontinued stuff that goes 'on sale' in all the shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

What about washing machines?

And is there a bargain alert here?

We're spent quite a bit of time in temple st. and the parent accommodation there has two miele washing machines and two dryers for parents to use and they are literally running 24/7/365 and the woman who manages the accommodation told me all they get is very basic servicing from time to time, but that they've been there years with no trouble from any of them, so I guess that's a good endorsement. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 glasson

HI,

Would anyone know when the next Miele outlet sale is on?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

glasson wrote: »
    HI,

Would anyone know when the next Miele outlet sale is on?

Thanks

so would I

• Registered Users Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭rameire

its next year

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Advertisement

It'll probably be in June again. The outlet sale is to shift end of line appliances before the new season's stock. By the looks of it Miele bring out their new stock in autumn.

Advertisement