Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How long will Suarez's ban be? Mod warning in OP and post#455

Comments

• 12 month global ban
    Agueroooo wrote: »
    you're right.

that came after numerous attempts by a couple of posters to work out what he was trying to say/understand, as it got a weird to see so many posts taken up incorrectly.
    My posts were about Suarez and yet again somebody brought up Cantona and Keane and a few tried to pull me into a silly argument unrelated to the thread.

Who took up posts incorrectly?

And your still acting sneaky and insulting you can't answer any question straight can you?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

I think Liverpool have been hard done by though in this instance. If i remember correctly he played for Uruguay during the Ivanovich ban? I get that it is 2 different governing bodies that have decided each ban but Liverpool have been burnt twice. I think banning him from internationals for life would have been a better ban. He's 27 (i think) so ending his international career would have hurt him big time. The way it has ended up parties unconnected with that match have been punished.

As i said before, i think any appeal Liverpool could bring would be problematic due to locus standi issues. Liverpool havent been banned so they dont have the ability to appeal. Think of the company you work for appealing a decision made against you in the High Court. Can't happen. You and your employer are two separate entities.

As for Liverpool fans, if he played for my team i would want him gone now. He has been given numerous chances and unconditional support. He's left thousands (including posters on here i'd imagine) feeling stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

18 month global ban
    Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Why do these United players keep coming up again and again? They all had one major bad incident each. Suarez has had 3/4 terrible ones, and contributed massively in getting a club legend fired by lying to him, and tried to instigate a move and even suggested he could sue the club. Cantona and Keane are a retarded comparison

Cantona was reactionary but still GBH. Keane was premeditated which to me is worse than repeat offender. So to say its retarded is retarded in itself!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Mod Post: This gets turned into a Man U Vs Liverpool mess like the last Suarez thread was, and it will be straight reds for any one who tries to take things too far. Straight red will mean a one month ban so have a think before you decide to have a crack at that Man U or Liverpool poster you were hoping to annoy. A lot of posters showed themselves up yesterday so you will be easy to spot if you try the same stuff again.

Anyone that wants to troll in here and then run back to chatter about it in one of the superthreads will get the same red card and one month ban.

There are plenty of good posters using this forum who want to discuss the ban along with any potential fallout from it, and their use of the forum should not be impacted upon by posters more interested in oneupmanship than any of the clubs they claim to support.

So if anyone is unable to post like an adult I suggest either avoiding this thread or risk having to find another forum/site to post on for at least a month .

Usual forum rules apply to everything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

1 match
    I doubt Suarez will still be a professional footballer in 2 years time. He'll either have quit over this incident or he'll have bitten someone else and received a whopper ban.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

1 match
    M!Ck^ wrote: »
    My posts were about Suarez and yet again somebody brought up Cantona and Keane and a few tried to pull me into a silly argument unrelated to the thread.

Who took up posts incorrectly?

And your still acting sneaky and insulting you can't answer any question straight can you?

Why cant we bring up keane and cantona. They are two examples of players with similar temper problems that you can relate to and the downplaying of incidents these players were involved in is precisely what utd fans are accusing liverpool fans off right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

ArielAtom wrote: »
    Cantona was reactionary but still GBH. Keane was premeditated which to me is worse than repeat offender. So to say its retarded is retarded in itself!!!

One offense. You can forgive one offense (we didnt know keanes was premeditated until later) if the player is loyal and doesnt cost the club again. Cantona and Keane gave their all before and after that.

Suarez responded to the loyalty shown by the club after the racism affair, by lying to Daglish and embarrassing the club with the handshake, biting Ivanovic and getting banned, trying to publicly instigate a move, biting Chellini and getting banned. Stop the comparisons with Keane and Cantona, theyre just silly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Does the ban mean that he can't be selected in FIFA 14 for the next 4 months?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭Ravenid

7 matches
    Why do these United players keep coming up again and again? They all had one major bad incident each. Suarez has had 3/4 terrible ones, and contributed massively in getting a club legend fired by lying to him, and tried to instigate a move and even suggested he could sue the club. Cantona and Keane are a retarded comparison

Emmm.......Maybe because Roy Keane holds the record for most Red Cards issued at United in the Premier League, and Cantona Kung-Fu kicked a fan.

As to why United. Probably because the majority of people swarming to the thread to demand extensions to the ban are United fans or defend the United players mentioned while ignoring their failures. (The players failures not the posters.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

Could have already been mentioned, but I found it harsh on Liverpool as Suarez's Uruguay career didn't take a hit as a result of his bite on Ivanovic.
    I understand that it's a competition organised solely by Fifa and not the English FA / UEFA but I think they've been a bit harsh.
    The ban on appearing for his country seems right though, maybe an extra 2-3 games would have been sufficient.
    Will still be missed by the majority of fans in the PL and it ruins the start to the season as City and Liverpool at the Etihad is second on the fixture list IIRC

Still find it funny that friendly banter can't exist on this site without people firstly, getting offended, and secondly taking it to the next level where someone has to step in to defuse the situation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

One offense. You can forgive one offense (we didnt know keanes was premeditated until later) if the player is loyal and doesnt cost the club again. Cantona and Keane gave their all before and after that.

Suarez responded to the loyalty shown by the club after the racism affair, by lying to Daglish and embarrassing the club with the handshake, biting Ivanovic and getting banned, trying to publicly instigate a move, biting Chellini and getting banned. Stop the comparisons with Keane and Cantona, theyre just silly

If you don't like what you read, it's easier to leave the thread than to moan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Does the administrative ban mean he can't be registered for CL/League?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭LordNorbury

Should be an option on the poll for a permanent ban. Nothing to do with "psychological issues", they guy is simply a bad person with an out of control ego. If you went into work and bit people, you wouldn't get to keep your job so why it is any different for this guy, I can't understand.

• 12 month global ban
    IvySlayer wrote: »
    Think it's all forms of competition. Complete ban.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Sheepy99 wrote: »
    If you don't like what you read, it's easier to leave the thread than to moan

I dont understand why I come into a thread to chat about the topic of the day - Suarez, and have to read post after post about 2 former players. One of them retired 17 years ago

IvySlayer wrote: »

Good point. You'd think the administrative element would refer to his registration for competitions. Ouch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

United fans come in to have a laugh at Liverpool fans, which is their right and I've personally no problem with, but then they complain when the tables gets turned when Cantona and Keane gets mentioned. :D:D
    If you cant take it , dont dish it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Should be an option on the poll for a permanent ban. Nothing to do with "psychological issues", they guy is simply a bad person with an out of control ego. If you went into work and bit people, you wouldn't get to keep your job so why it is any different for this guy, I can't understand.

:pac: Some amount of special people in this thread.

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    United fans come in to have a laugh at Liverpool fans, which is their right and I've personally no problem with, but then they complain when the tables gets turned when Cantona and Keane gets mentioned. :D:D

What a childish post. Some people here are debating the actual issue. I agree with other posters saying that Cantona and Keane are irrelevant. They are. This is about Suarez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

12 month global ban
    What do Liverpool fans have to do with this, are we not talking about Luis Suarez?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

18 month global ban

I'm sorry if I'm not making my point clear, I am trying to say all supporters will defend their players but the gloating of rival supporters is sickening. Using the Cantona/Keane and Ferdinand incidents was just because they are high profile. Although I find it hard to defend Joey Barton😳

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

If you went into work and elbowed people you also would get fired. Neymar out!!!

I dont understand why I come into a thread to chat about the topic of the day - Suarez, and have to read post after post about 2 former players. One of them retired 17 years ago

Its because of the hypocritical nature of their posts.
    "He should never play for liverpool again". "I woudlnt have him in my team" "Liverpool should kick him out" etc etc. These are the same type of fans that applauded Keane off the pitch when he assaulted Haaland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

6 month global ban
    gramar wrote: »
    Does the ban mean that he can't be selected in FIFA 14 for the next 4 months?

I'd say you're joking but those of you fond of picking Liverpool in Football Manager actually will have to do without him until October!

Gotta love the realism of FM :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

1 match

Can you at least admit these players has temperament issues. Its only natural to compare incidents like these with past incidents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

5 matches
    Is Chiellini getting a ban for his elbow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭LordNorbury

Davei141 wrote: »
    :pac: Some amount of special people in this thread.

What other explanation have you got for a grown adult who goes around acting like an animal biting people?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Of course not, that really would be idiotic.

Nailz wrote: »
    What do Liverpool fans have to do with this, are we not talking about Luis Suarez?

Dunno if you've heard but Luis Suarez plays for Liverpool.
    He got banned for about 15 club games today for something he did on international duty.
    Kinda affects Liverpool Football Club and their fans.

• Advertisement

I think it will understandably be viewed as self-defence given he had two massive front teeth gnawing on his shoulder at the time.

Dunno if you've heard but Luis Suarez plays for Liverpool.
    He got banned for about 15 club games today for something he did on international duty.
    Kinda affects Liverpool Football Club and their fans.

Are you saying that anything that involves Liverpool and its fans also has to involve Cantona, Keane, United etc?

5 matches
    Peist2007 wrote: »
    I think it will understandably be viewed as self-defence given he had two massive front teeth gnawing on his shoulder at the time.

same way Valencia was defending himself from Sterling's stackle by grabbing him by the throat? Or a player who elbows his opponent coz he's grabbing his shirt?

hmmm makes sense all right...

5 matches
    Of course not, that really would be idiotic.

pretty sure an elbow does more damage than a bite...

same way Valencia was defending himself from Sterling's stackle by grabbing him by the throat? Or a player who elbows his opponent coz he's grabbing his shirt?

hmmm makes sense all right...

But can you not see that deliberately biting someone is worse? Seriously?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Ranchu

You can't compare Suarez biting three different players with Keane and cantona because they didn't bite three different players.

• Advertisement

5 matches
    But can you not see that deliberately biting someone is worse? Seriously?

worse than what? a deliberate elbow or deliberate choke?

You mean an instinctive reaction to said bite? I'd do exactly the same in that situation if somebody tried to bite me.

Are you saying that anything that involves Liverpool and its fans also has to involve Cantona, Keane, United etc?

Read the question that was asked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

6 month global ban

Hardly

5 matches
    You mean an instinctive reaction to said bite? I'd do exactly the same in that situation if somebody tried to bite me.

don't think it makes it right or not violent behaviour...

• Advertisement

worse than what? a deliberate elbow or deliberate choke?

You have brought up incidents in which the player was fouled and reacted. You may have been watching the Suarez-Chiellini incident in rewind. I do that all the time, forever sitting on the remote.

Look up self-defence.

Read the question that was asked.

No i understand you. Enjoy the rest of the school holidays.

5 matches
    Look up self-defence.

look up the FIFA rules, self defence isn't an excuse for violent behaviour. or do you not understand that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

8 matches

If a dog was chewing on your leg, what would you do? Pet him?

look up the FIFA rules, self defence isn't an excuse for violent behaviour. or do you not understand that?
    So why do you think he hasn't been charged? If it isn't specifically in the rules, then it's a nice rare case of FIFA using common sense.

5 matches
    If a dog was chewing on your leg, what would you do? Pet him?

do players not always get booked for retaliation? Or am i imaging that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Arguably the most stupid post in the history of the interweb. I hate people who try to be smartar5es like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

8 matches
    do players not always get booked for retaliation? Or am i imaging that?

If he elbowed him after the incident he might well be sanctioned but not while he's trying to remove a lad attached to his shoulder.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

12 month global ban

Have you ever even seen The Walking Dead?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement