Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How long will Suarez's ban be? Mod warning in OP and post#455

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭NoelJ

3 matches
    Was Thierry Henry a genius?

Some will say yes, some will say no. It's a matter of opinion. He was a cheat too.

I really think football needs a citing commission like rugby where the game is viewed to see if there was any problems. It would stop all the diving, the elbowing, the headbutting etc. I think Costa should have been banned during this world cup and this would have stopped it. It'd cut out diving as well.

3 matches
    Whataboutery, he didn't do it 3 times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoP04d72rkw

Zidane has done it before at 1:04. Zidane headbutting Materrazzi in the World Cup Final which was the 2nd time that he had headbutted someone got a 3 game ban. Suarez who bit someone for a 3rd time in the World Cup got a 9 game and 4 month ban. Zidane's attacks were both more brutal than Suarez's in my opinion. Fifa have to be consistent. If Zidane had gotten a 2 month ban I could understand the Suarez punishment as people view biting as worse than headbutting. The fact he got a 3 game ban, I don't accept it as the punishments are completely out of line with each other. People will say that Zidane was retiring but that shouldn't make any different to the punishment as he should have been banned from stadiums, training and any club like Suarez for it to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Over 10 matches

can someone please ban this cringey word?!? ahh!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

NoelJ wrote: »
    Some will say yes, some will say no. It's a matter of opinion. He was a cheat too.

I really think football needs a citing commission like rugby where the game is viewed to see if there was any problems. It would stop all the diving, the elbowing, the headbutting etc. I think Costa should have been banned during this world cup and this would have stopped it. It'd cut out diving as well.

I personally wouldn't put the likes of Henry, Rooney, Van Nistelrooy, Ronaldo and Suarez into the category of genius.

Maradona, Zidane and Messi I would.

But as you say it's a matter of opinion.

Over 10 matches

he stamped on a Saudi player in 98 world cup and was banned so he had form so to speak

zFs8jXb.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

Alonso77 wrote: »
    he stamped on a Saudi player in 98 world cup and was banned so he had form so to speak

What has that got to do with this Suarez ban. It's the first time Fifa have had some balls, even though they still bottled it imo, should've been longer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

He had a history of violent conduct actually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭Tippex

Nope it was only Liverpool domestic games he was banned for, he was able to play in FIFA's Confederations Cup

this was due to the fact it was the english fa that banned him not the international governing body.

Fifa really did miss a trick on their wording. They should have included a provision of some sort of treatment and also further sanctions (defined) if he was to do it again in his career.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Because the average Liverpool fan is about 22 and a bit thick.

LOL. And your next post is off to bed children. Trust you were saying you were going to bed.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Tippex wrote: »
    this was due to the fact it was the english fa that banned him not the international governing body.

Fifa really did miss a trick on their wording. They should have included a provision of some sort of treatment and also further sanctions (defined) if he was to do it again in his career.

But that would make sense.

This is FIFA-Sepp Blatter we're talking about here.

Over 10 matches
    What has that got to do with this Suarez ban. It's the first time Fifa have had some balls, even though they still bottled it imo, should've been longer

you brought up the fact zidane didnt headbutt 3 times but he had been sanctioned for violent offence in the past. so its not applicable if the violent offences are varied but the book should be thrown if its the same specific type of act?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

JerCotter7 wrote: »
    I'd never consider any soccer player a genius, well not for his playing ability anyway. Gifted fits them better. But genius just doesn't fit when we see so many of them are dumb as bag of hammers. That's just me.

OT: Completely deserved. Wonder would Fifa ever increase it if the appeal fails.

Ah FFS, George Best was a genius, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan. Intelligence and genius applies to sport.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

3 matches

Fifa have to be consistent. If someone has a similar history of on field violence, does a similar act then their bans have to be somewhat similar. Zidane should have gotten a similar sentence to Suarez. I can understand the bite is seen as worse by society so he should have got a longer ban. But a 3 game ban compared to a 9 game ban and 4 month suspension from football just doesn't seem like justice has been served. They have to be treated equally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

you brought up the fact zidane didnt headbutt 3 times but he had been sanctioned for violent offence in the past. so its not applicable if the violent offences are varied but the book should be thrown if its the same specific type of act?

Yes the book should've been thrown at Zidane too, but there's not much can be done now. It's Whataboutery bringing it up in this argument. Hopefully this sets a precedent that Fifa has balls now.

• Advertisement

Over 10 matches
    Yes the book should've been thrown at Zidane too, but there's not much can be done now. It's Whataboutery bringing it up in this argument. Hopefully this sets a precedent that Fifa has balls now.

So the "Whataboutery - he didnt do it 3 times" comment is baffling to me now, oh well

So the "Whataboutery - he didnt do it 3 times" comment is baffling to me now, oh well

Just curious, are you a Liverpool supporter?

Over 10 matches
    Just curious, are you a Liverpool supporter?

yes and this is relevant how?

yes and this is relevant how?

Not relevant, carry on..

Just listening to the radio today and real Liverpool supporters - the likes of Lawrenson, Fowler and Phil Thompson have different opinions on the Suraz incident/s and the ethos of the club, than so-called supporters on this internet forum.

Maybe Liverpool "supporters" are so desperate for a league, they'll let anyone play for the famous club.

Just hope you don't viciously attack me now. :)

Over 10 matches
    Not relevant, carry on..

Just listening to the radio today and real Liverpool supporters - the likes of Lawrenson, Fowler and Phil Thompson have different opinions on the Suraz incident/s and the ethos of the club, than so-called supporters on this internet forum.

Maybe Liverpool "supporters" are so desperate for a league, they'll let anyone play for the famous club.

ha! good lad. carry on being the judge of "real" supporters. such a lovely trait :D

anyway back on thread - Suarez eh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

5 matches
    Not relevant, carry on..

5Ay1uymrDQluqVUMI3wBog

ha! good lad. carry on being the judge of "real" supporters. such a lovely trait :D

anyway back on thread - Suarez eh?

The podcast is on Today FM with Matt Cooper.

Lawrenson said it (Suarez biting/s) is the most bizarre thing he's ever seen in football and that he should be sold at any cost.

I think anyone with half a brain would agree - biting is something a dog or a 2 year old child would do.

But the defensive for Suarez on the internet forums does make for great comical reading. Carry on then. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

1 match
    Not relevant, carry on..

Lawrenson is not a Liverpool supporter. Just a paid mouth.

Pro. F wrote: »
    5Ay1uymrDQluqVUMI3wBog

You obviously didn't get the differentiate of supporters.

I did the second supporters in "inverted commas" to make it easy for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

6 month global ban
    I'm confused as to what people's problem is really. This will hopefully clear things up a bit :P

Are those of you that are against the ban complaining because:

A) Suarez shouldn't have gotten such a severe ban because what he did wasn't deserving of it.
    B) Suarez shouldn't have gotten such a severe ban because others didn't get similar for repeat offences of violent conduct.
    C) Suarez shouldn't have gotten such a severe ban because FIFA don't have the authority to impose such a ban.
    D) Suarez should have gotten a severe international ban but not a ban from playing with Liverpool.
    E) Other - (Explain)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Lennonist

Going by his relatively good behaviour last EPL season I'd say its very likely that Liverpool may well have been doing that already. But obviously that would all have stopped once he goes away for 6 weeks with Uruguay.

It's possible. He should not have been banned from playing with Liverpool in my view and if Liverpool have been doing stuff to help with him they should come out with it. It would help him even if he may want to keep it personal to be more open if it's the case that he's been receiving treatment of some kind at Liverpool.

Over 10 matches

Lawrenson said it (Suarez biting/s) is the most bizarre thing he's ever seeing in football and that he should be sold at any cost.

I think anyone with half a brain would agree - biting is something a dog or a 2 year old child would do.

But the defensive for Suarez on the internet forums does make for great comical reading. Carry on then. :)

fail to see why any of that is directed at me tbh, bizarre. I dont recall condoning or defending suarez actions

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

5 matches
    You obviously didn't get the differentiate of supporters.

I did the second supporters in "inverted commas" to make it easy for you.

I got exactly what you were doing. That's why I'm saying what you wrote is awful shíte that makes Winnie the Pooh's head hurt.

Pro. F wrote: »
    I got exactly what you were doing. That's why I'm saying what you wrote is awful shíte that makes Winnie the Pooh's head hurt.

I really doubt you got it tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Sandraevra

1 match

Lawrenson said it (Suarez biting/s) is the most bizarre thing he's ever seen in football and that he should be sold at any cost.

What, So what Sir lawrenson said should be taken as the truth.?

What about people with a full brain.?

You're posts make comical reading to be honest.

• Advertisement

Sandraevra wrote: »

Nice first post on boards.ie

Did you really have to register a new username? Sensitive Liverpool supporters tonight.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

7 matches
    h3kQpMm.jpg

Grayditch wrote: »
    h3kQpMm.jpg

LOL

1 match

Did you really have to register a new username? Sensitive Liverpool supporters tonight.:)

Nice 3,229 post,

Did you really have to post more carp.? Sensitive much :-)

Nice 3,229 post,

Did you really have to post more carp.? Sensitive much :-)

Not at all man, life is too short! :)

1 match
    Not at all man, life is too short! :)

It sure is mrs, :-)

Over 10 matches

1 match
    OK, a bit of respective,

Did Suarez or suraz (as some say) kill anybody.?

Did he end any other footballers career (like a certain other player).?

Did he assault a innocent football fan (like a certain other footballer).?

Did he have an 8 year affair with his brothers wife (like a certain other footballer).?

NO

He had a third nibble, no biggie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

7 matches
    Close the thread. Its all downhill from here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

OK, a bit of respective,

Did Suarez or suraz (as some say) kill anybody.?

Did he end any other footballers career (like a certain other player).?

Did he assault a innocent football fan (like a certain other footballer).?

Did he have an 8 year affair with his brothers wife (like a certain other footballer).?

NO

He had a third nibble, no biggie.
    ill answer all of those questions if you say what your other username is???

1 match
    ill answer all of those questions if you say what your other username is???

Sandraevra is my only username... or can you not read.?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

have a read of what i asked again....

now ill ask you

can you not read???

1 match
    have a read of what i asked again....

now ill ask you

can you not read???

The dark-knight rises.

In fairness Sandraevra, your grasp of the English language is fairly limited. Would you be a Liverpool fan by any chance? :)

Your is a possessive adjective, indicating ownership of something.

You're is a contraction (combination) of you and are.

But carry on, I just love Liverpool fans (and their multiple aliases) :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

7 matches
    blue-computer-screen%25255B8%25255D.jpg?imgmax=800
    ipad-insomnia_02.grid-6x2.jpg
    17vxnq3rec4v8jpg.jpg
    szamitogep_1.jpg

Abe-Simpson-walking-in-and-out-the-.gif

• Advertisement

1 match
    In fairness Sandraevra, your grasp of the English language is fairly limited. Would you be a Liverpool fan by any chance? :)

Your is a possessive adjective, indicating ownership of something.

You're is a contraction (combination) of you and are.

But carry on, I just love Liverpool fans (and their multiple aliases) :)

Oh golly gosh mrs pontiac, thank you for your boring input.

But carry on :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

He should be ok if he's muzzled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

He should be ok if he's muzzled.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Irlandczyk

10 matches

Why in Gods name do you use a full-stop and a question mark? :confused:

1 match
    He should be ok if he's muzzled 3times.?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement