Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How long will Suarez's ban be? Mod warning in OP and post#455

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

6 month global ban
    If that was true then why wasn't Cantona arrested for assaulting a supporter?

He should have been

Sliding tackle studs up in the office cubicle Monday for the crack

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Over 10 matches
    Suarez and the Uruguayans (is that even a word ?!?!?) are a disgrace denying the incident didn't happen and playing the victims of the media.

If they go into an appeal with that attitude, they deserve the ban to be extend to be honest because it shows the ban has done nothing to make Suarez clean up his act or admit that he needs to make some changes, which was the reason for the ban. Suarez wants to play victim and not take responsibility for his actions and you can be sure he'll spend the next 4 months not trying to sort his issues but feeling hard done by, letting his anger build, only for this incident to occur again so next time it wont be 4 months, it'll be 2 years.

Suarez is an absolute nutter and a disgrace. I said a 10 game ban would be fair in the poll but the more he talks about the incident and denies (laughable denial at that), the more i feel that 10 games is too lenient.

If he had even the slightest of cop on, he would admit he bit him, apologize for what he did and say he needs to get help to sort his anger issues out. Then plead with the appeals board that the ban is excessive maybe he could get it reduced or at least let him train with his teammates in the meantime, then maybe something might go his way.

But right now, i think Suarez is showing he deserves nobody's sympathy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

8 matches
    I don't like it but I find career ending tackles to be a lot worse to be honest.

If someone deliberately tries to injure a player, I would find that deplorable too.
    So what do you think of the act of an unprovoked bite?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Haha,

Wp China, wp. New Suarez bottle opener hits ebay.

Nobody who enjoys watching good football wants to see Suarez sidelined, regardless of which club he plays for, his actions are inexcusable, those who agree with the ban also agree with this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

1 match
    If someone deliberately tries to injure a player, I would find that deplorable too.
    So what do you think of the act of an unprovoked bite?

I find it childish to be honest.

8 matches
    rarnes1 wrote: »
    Sliding tackle studs up in the office cubicle Monday for the crack

What has that got to do with one human being biting another?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Fr. Ned

12 month global ban
    If that was true then why wasn't Cantona arrested for assaulting a supporter?

Or Keane arrested for breaking Alfe-Inge Haaland's leg....a premeditated act in that Keane went onto that pitch to deliberately injure a fellow professional.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

5 matches
    I don't like it but I find career ending tackles to be a lot worse to be honest.

EDit - I was watching the USA V Brazil game at USA 94 this morning and Leonardo's elbow to the US players head was 100 times worse than what Suarez did and he only got a 3 game ban.

Will I Amnt couldn't have been more right when he said that you are covering up your feelings about the bite. Even when answering a direct question on what you think of the bite you have to couch the answer with reference to other incidents and what you think about the unfairness of the ban. It's a perfect example of deflection tactics.

8 matches
    I find it childish to be honest.

If I bit you out of the blue you would think it was just a bit childish?

• Advertisement

12 month global ban

You'd get a box in the mouth and that would be the end of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

One thing that stands out for me is his outrageous excuse to FIFA. Not beyond the realms of possibility now that all his other excuses for issues are complete and utter BS.

8 matches
    Fr. Ned wrote: »

I wasn't asking you.

12 month global ban
    I wasn't asking you.

Well I'm telling you.....

8 matches

Well you're wasting my time and yours because I'm waiting on an answer off Tipsy.

12 month global ban
    Well you're wasting my time and yours because I'm waiting on an answer off Tipsy.

I'm sure Tipsy will tell you the same thing.

Tell him Tipsy......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

People still continue to constantly talk about United players.

This is about Suarez. He has bitten someone, yes bitten, for the third time. It's a disgrace and I think he got off lightly. His quotes on the matter have also been a disgrace. The downplaying of the incident by some is embarrassing too. There have been so many daft arguments attempted here to try deflect but none of them remotely work.

12 month global ban

This is about Suarez. He has bitten someone, yes bitten, for the third time. It's a disgrace and I think he got off lightly. His quotes on the matter have also been a disgrace. The downplaying of the incident by some is embarrassing too. There have been so many daft arguments attempted here to try deflect but none of them remotely work.

Yea, he bit someone...again.
    He got banned, he'll be back.

Move on.

People bring up united players because it's mostly united fans displaying the most faux outrage.....as usual......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

1 match
    One thing that stands out for me is his outrageous excuse to FIFA. Not beyond the realms of possibility now that all his other excuses for issues are complete and utter BS.

It kind of makes the people on here who are disputing the length of the ban look foolish when the man himself says there was no offence at all!

They're either defending a liar or they're condeming him for something he didn't do.

Unbelievable Jeff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

I say it's time to end this we are going in circles, Liverpool fans think it's unfair on Liverpool as it happened on the international stage and other fans just want to use it as a stick to beat Suarez and Liverpool with for some sort of point scoring

• Advertisement

5 matches
    I wasn't asking you.

This does actually feel like being in a pub where a fight is brewing and somebody is going to get bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

Another Utd fan morally outraged?

8 matches
    Pro. F wrote: »
    This does actually feel like being in a pub where a fight is brewing and somebody is going to get bit.

Shut up and get me a pint!!!

12 month global ban

He's claimed!:D

8 matches
    Fescue wrote: »

Point out to us what is wrong with his post.

Will must have someone helping him type, I can't keep up with all this power posting!

1 match
    Will I Amnt couldn't have been more right when he said that you are covering up your feelings about the bite. Even when answering a direct question on what you think of the bite you have to couch the answer with reference to other incidents and what you think about the unfairness of the ban. It's a perfect example of deflection tactics.

Ha Ha covering up my feelings. After the Italy/Uruguay game I directly quoted another Liverpool fan who thought it was a headbutt and not a bite. I replied 'It was a bite and he should be banned' (it's post 9311 in the old LFC thread). That was 10 mins after the game ended and I stand by what I said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Zico wrote: »
    It kind of makes the people on here who are disputing the length of the ban look foolish when the man himself says there was no offence at all!

They're either defending a liar or they're condeming him for something he didn't do.

Unbelievable Jeff.

Well if I was a Liverpool player I'd be wondering if it was all that wise wearing those t-shirts now. And that's not having a dig, but same would go for Suarez if he was a Utd player. Suddenly a lot of excuses ring hollow.

Yea, he bit someone...again.
    He got banned, he'll be back.

Move on.

People bring up united players because it's mostly united fans displaying the most faux outrage.....as usual......

I dont get why its faux? The guy is biting people on a football pitch. Its disgusting behaviour. Using terms like nibble as well is not helping. As I said, its a disgrace what he has done 3 times now.
    I say it's time to end this we are going in circles, Liverpool fans think it's unfair on Liverpool as it happened on the international stage and other fans just want to use it as a stick to beat Suarez and Liverpool with for some sort of point scoring

This is the only decent point that has been made. However, it's Suarez who is rightly being banned and Liverpool are being caught in the crossfire somewhat. The guy needs help though and a lot of that will probably fall on his club to help with.

• Advertisement

1 match

Yes, I'd be fairly shocked because it's what kids do not adults. If you're asking me would I react in a violent manner it depends on how many pints I have in me :)

He recieved help after the Chelsea incident at Liverpool and it looked like it was working last season, he was well behaved. He obviously needs more.

Rodgers in fairness man managed him well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

If I ever get to a stage of camping out for days on end talking about a rival teams player in a thread then please someone for the love of god get my internet connection switched off for the good of my health.

8 matches
    Yes, I'd be fairly shocked because it's what kids do not adults. If you're asking me would I react in a violent manner it depends on how many pints I have in me :)

Well the name Tipsy McSwagger would suggest you would have a fair few... :)

5 matches
    Ha Ha covering up my feelings. After the Italy/Uruguay game I directly quoted another Liverpool fan who thought it was a headbutt and not a bite. I replied 'It was a bite and he should be banned' (it's post 9311 in the old LFC thread). That was 10 mins after the game ended and I stand by what I said.

I know, I saw that post. In that post you are baldly stating the obvious with zero moral judgement. Since then you have posted plenty about how other people are faking moral outrage and how the bite isn't as bad as this or that and how the ban is unfair. When pressed, you finally admit that the bite is childish, but say nothing more. All perfect examples of somebody hiding from the truth - biting an opposition player is a scummy thing to do.

I dont get why its faux? The guy is biting people on a football pitch. Its disgusting behaviour. Using terms like nibble as well is not helping. As I said, its a disgrace what he has done 3 times now.

This is the only decent point that has been made. However, it's Suarez who is rightly being banned and Liverpool are being caught in the crossfire somewhat. The guy needs help though and a lot of that will probably fall on his club to help with.

It just seems to me that the people most upset about the whole thing are United fans. I find it hard to believe that club allegiances aren't playing a big part in this.

• Advertisement

It just seems to me that the people most upset about the whole thing are United fans. I find it hard to believe that club allegiances aren't playing a big part in this.

I think that's fairly obvious tbh!!

8 matches
    I'm off to watch the football now. Tipsy, it seems to me you think it's fine for Liverpool fans to be disgusted by it but if it's anybody else it's faux-outrage.

1 match
    Anyone from Kerry remember Gnashers Magee? He was banned from every pub in Killarney for biting American tourists.

zzzzzzzzz. Boring, tired bs response. On a forum predominantly occupied by United and Liverpool discussion around these points will likely come from those 2.

It's like me saying that the only reason you are bothering to argue the point i cause he plays for Liverpool and you wouldn't do it if it he played for any other side.

He talks about some sort of witch hunt in the press. Aye, they are all out get poor Luis who fell on someone while he was being elbowed.

Anyone from Kerry remember Gnashers Magee? He was banned from every pub in Killarney for biting American tourists.

lol, class name :pac::pac:

• Advertisement

8 matches

I'll be down in Killarney in August, I'll keep an eye out for him.

5 matches

It's ridiculous to describe Paul's post as that of somebody who is "upset". You're just trying to discredit his argument by painting him as being emotional, when it's obvious he is not.

The fact that it's mostly United fans who are taking the opportunity to argue with Liverpool fans when they are in the wrong is normal btw. The two fan bases are the ones most in contact on this forum.

zzzzzzzzz. Boring, tired bs response. On a forum predominantly occupied by United and Liverpool discussion around these points will likely come from those 2.

It's like me saying that the only reason you are bothering to argue the point i cause he plays for Liverpool and you wouldn't do it if it he played for any other side.

He talks about some sort of witch hunt in the press. Aye, they are all out get poor Luis who fell on someone while he was being elbowed.

Exactly, you proved my argument yourself. Kudos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

7 matches
    It was always going to be :

"You're only defending him this much because you're a Liverpool supporter."

"You're only digging in this deep because you're a United fan."

And there's definitely an element of truth to these sentiments, but it's also why the thread is an endless roundabout of sh1te.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

6 matches
    This is what it comes down to really. Fans of other premiership clubs are faking moral outrage to hide the fact that they are afraid of what Suarez can do to their team. They don't care about bringing the game into disrepute or thuggish behaviour, they just want him to be unavailable (or even better sold) to play against the team they support.

For some maybe. Personally I do have a issue with his actions and his response. Who he is does not inform my opinion on what should other than any prior actions.

I'd be happy that he isn't benefiting pool true. But that doesn't impact what I think should happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Its both ways. This forum turns adults into children .

It's ridiculous to describe Paul's post as that of somebody who is "upset". You're just trying to discredit his argument by painting him as being emotional, when it's obvious he is not.

The fact that it's mostly United fans who are taking the opportunity to argue with Liverpool fans when they are in the wrong is normal btw. The two fan bases are the ones most in contact on this forum.

Again, thats what I am saying. Club allegiances are playing a bigger part in this than you guys care to admit. From both sides!

Exactly, you proved my argument yourself. Kudos.

It doesnt in the slightest. You were implying its cause people are United fans that they are commenting. Im saying its a correlation thing, more United fans on the forum just means that most of the posts will be from United fans.

Again though, poor little Luis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,385 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

It's amazing how Suarez keeps getting banned for these things he is clearly innocent of. 3 bites and a racist scandal later I mean he's constantly being framed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

1 match
    Liam O wrote: »
    It's amazing how Suarez keeps getting banned for these things he is clearly innocent of. 3 bites and a racist scandal later I mean he's constantly being framed.

Why are you posting this **** trying to wind people up. Who said he was being framed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement