Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How long will Suarez's ban be? Mod warning in OP and post#455

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Fr. Ned

12 month global ban
    niallo27 wrote: »
    Why are you posting this **** trying to wind people up. Who said he was being framed.

It's just another united fan having a go.

We'd be as well to close this thread now.

Job done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Why are you posting this **** trying to wind people up. Who said he was being framed.

His grandma said so didn't she?
    She doesn't post here as much anymore though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

3 matches
    It's simple really.

Racist punishment too harsh

Biting #2 punishment too harsh

Biting #3 punishment too harsh

Biting #1 was fine as he didn't play for Liverpool so we don't care.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

7 matches
    The Ajax bite a big concern around here for non Liverpool fans at the time, I'd say.

RasTa wrote: »
    It's simple really.

More generalisation made up lies. Gets better!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

5 matches
    Fescue wrote: »
    Again, thats what I am saying. Club allegiances are playing a bigger part in this than you guys care to admit. From both sides!

I fully admit that the fact it's Liverpool fans who are in the wrong on this thread draws my attention more than if it was Vila fans or something. But it's mostly Liverpool fans trying to defend the indefensible so of course that is going to be more interesting for United fans, because the two groups are arguing all the time.

You are telling us all that we won't admit what we're doing, yet look at what you posted yourself. You tried to discredit an argument for being emotional when it clearly wasn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

1 match
    Pro. F wrote: »
    I fully admit that the fact it's Liverpool fans who are in the wrong on this thread draws my attention more than if it was Vila fans or something. But it's mostly Liverpool fans trying to defend the indefensible so of course that is going to be more interesting for United fans, because the two groups are arguing all the time.

You are telling us all that we won't admit what we're doing, yet look at what you posted yourself. You tried to discredit an argument for being emotional when it clearly wasn't.

But you defended Suarez yourself when you said someone of the punishments being suggested were completely over the top.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

some amount of crusaders in here ,get over it lads..world cup is on,ye will never agree on the matter so why continue the battle, will only lead to cards handed out .. ye hate luis,we love luis,luis is a idiot who makes mistakes sometimes..

hardly worth all the drama

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

Well its no secret that we are the worst fans in football. My theory is that a genetic abnormality or deficiency attracts the worst people in society to Liverpool. In many ways you should pity us, helpless, lost souls. Forever attached to the worst club in football.

• Advertisement

5 matches
    But you defended Suarez yourself when you said someone of the punishments being suggested were completely over the top.

I don't remember what you are talking about. But assuming I did say that some suggested punishment was too much, you really can't figure out the difference between that and the people who are trying to pretend that what he did wasn't as bad as a dive or a non-headbutt?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

RasTa wrote: »
    It's simple really.

Well compare his punishment for using racist language to John Terry's punishment for the same thing and you have your answer

1 match
    I don't remember what you are talking about. But assuming I did say that some suggested punishment was too much, you really can't figure out the difference between that and the people who are trying to pretend that what he did wasn't as bad as a dive or a non-headbutt?

Are you not guilty of downplaying the situation yourself by suggesting some of the punishment being banded around was too harsh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

1 match
    Well compare his punishment for using racist language to John Terry's punishment for the same thing and you have your answer

Suarez was guilty of racially abusing Patrice Evra. Terry wasn't guilty of racial abuse so not the same thing.

Zico wrote: »
    Suarez was guilty of racially abusing Patrice Evra. Terry wasn't guilty of racial abuse so not the same thing.

Sure?

What was he guilty of?

• Advertisement

1 match

Why did terry get banned so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

From BBC

Chelsea captain John Terry has been banned for four matches and fined £220,000 for racially abusing QPR defender Anton Ferdinand.

1 match
    From BBC

Chelsea captain John Terry has been banned for four matches and fined £220,000 for racially abusing QPR defender Anton Ferdinand.

It must be a conspiracy against Liverpool FC then.

My sympathies.

It must be a conspiracy against Liverpool FC then.

My sympathies.

I'd be interested to know what you think Terry did get banned for? For the laugh like?

1 match
    I'd be interested to know what you think Terry did get banned for? For the laugh like?

I wasn't following the case, for some reason I thought he got off. I don't recall any Chelsea fans making a fuss about it so it just went under the radar I suppose.

There's a lesson for you.:)

• Advertisement

I wasn't following the case, for some reason I thought he got off. I don't recall any Chelsea fans making a fuss about it so it just went under the radar I suppose.

While I'm not defending Suarez for the incident with Evra. It was racial abuse unquestionably in my book. He got his punishment, which on reflection was fair. There was some confusion over the word negrito etc.

John Terry was clearly seen on tv telling Anton Ferdinand to "**** off you black c*nt"!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Who said he was being framed.

he said it himself
    “After the impact... I lost my balance, making my body unstable and falling on top of my opponent. At that moment I hit my face against the player leaving a small bruise on my cheek and a strong pain in my teeth. In no way it happened how you have described, as a bite or intent to bite,"

7 matches

Commending Chelsea fans for brushing that one under the carpet (not suggesting they did) was a decent move from the corner you were backed into there, haha.

I can imagine of choir of Chelsea fans responding with "Eh.. thanks...I... think?"

Phoenix wrote: »
    Wasnt John Terry found not guilty in a court of law

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/9398132/John-Terry-found-not-guilty-of-racism-the-verdict-in-full.html
    Really dont know what Terry has to do with Suarez biting yet another person in a soccer match but anyhoo...

Suarez probably would have been too(racism).

Big difference in a court of law and the FA panel

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

This thread's a bit of a car crash tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

8 matches
    While I'm not defending Suarez for the incident with Evra. It was racial abuse unquestionably in my book. He got his punishment, which on reflection was fair. There was some confusion over the word negrito etc.

John Terry was clearly seen on tv telling Anton Ferdinand to "**** off you black c*nt"!

Yeah, the fact it wasn't said at all and people took it upon themselves to use that word because it didn't look as bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

Can't believe you're still arguing the toss over this (and missing a great game in the process.) If it was a player from South Korea who played for a club you'd never heard of, you'd all be making jokes about it and the thread discussing it would have run out of steam already. Thread should be locked, and posters should retreat back to their team threads.

Can't believe you're still arguing the toss over this (and missing a great game in the process.) If it was a player from South Korea who played for a club you'd never heard of, you'd all be making jokes about it and the thread discussing it would have run out of steam already. Thread should be locked, and posters should retreat back to their team threads.

Ah but that would mean missing a crucial opportunity for posters to climb the sacred moral high ground and deride that monster Suarez for all his wicked ways.

5 matches
    Are you not guilty of downplaying the situation yourself by suggesting some of the punishment being banded around was too harsh.

Don't pretend that you can't see the difference between me arguing against what I think are excessive punishments and arguing against those who want to understate or distract from how bad what Suarez did was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

You lost by one goal to Southampton and drew with Swansea, so to say you think that one of the best strikers in the world wouldn't have made any difference is ridiculous. You can work out yourself how much use 4 extra points would have been in such a close title race.

Hard to know, it wasn't a bad start. Liverpool actually have a better record without him, a small sample but an ever increasing one!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

3 matches
    rarnes1 wrote: »
    More generalisation made up lies. Gets better!!

oh so you weren't saying the racism, this and ivanovic bite was Ott then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I dont think Suarez is a bad chap

I think some of the bans were ott, but you cant defend him when he keeps doing it.

As a person I reckon he is decent guy, but somebody needs to look into what triggers this behavior.

Only so much sympathy you can give a guy. he has used up his lives by now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

12 month global ban
    My wife just ask me a simple question and I don't know the answer ?

If the Ref had seen the incident and send him off (straight red and three match ban) would that have been the end of the matter ?

Anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,385 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I dont think Suarez is a bad chap

I think some of the bans were ott, but you cant defend him when he keeps doing it.

As a person I reckon he is decent guy, but somebody needs to look into what triggers this behavior.

Only so much sympathy you can give a guy. he has used up his lives by now.

Before he moved to Liverpool I was a fan of him. Only seen him about 10 times but he always caught the eye. Joined Torres, Aguero, Silva and Mata as some of my favourite players who moved to rivals. Always thought he was a lot better in his first couple of seasons at Pool than people gave him credit for. But the difference is I still like Aguero, still like Torres etc. Suarez has behaved worse than any player in premier league history imo and it's already tarnished what could have been one hell of a legacy. It's not going to get better with people excusing him and mollycoddling him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

You think Suarez has behaved worse than Joey Barton?!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭egghead.

Just watching Uruguay now and it's a shame Suarez isn't there to help them.

He really has let a lot of people down with his stupidity.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Irlandczyk

10 matches
    egghead. wrote: »
    Just watching Uruguay now and it's a shame Suarez isn't there to help them.

He really has let a lot of people down with his stupidity.

While this is very true, I'd take the likes of James Rodriguez; a player who can finish as sublimely as that, and in Colombia's previous game, while not letting his club and country down constantly with stupid, needless controversy; over Suarez any day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

That statement is delusional and is a result of the constant protection and excusing he has received from the clubs and managers he has played with and under, along with his fans.

The statement shows no remorse and sure why should it? The man has never had to show it from his previous actions, why start now? He'll never change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,385 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    You think Suarez has behaved worse than Joey Barton?!?

On the field, absolutely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

Liam O wrote: »

You can't be for real. Barton beat a team mate until he was unconscious "on the field" and got a massive 6 game ban for it from the FA, by the way.

8 matches
    You can't be for real. Barton beat a team mate until he was unconscious "on the field" and got a massive 6 game ban for it from the FA, by the way.

Suarez probably did something in a field in Uruguay years ago...

Suarez probably did something in a field in Uruguay years ago...

And what's that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Keno wrote: »
    That statement is delusional and is a result of the constant protection and excusing he has received from the clubs and managers he has played with and under, along with his fans.

The statement shows no remorse and sure why should it? The man has never had to show it from his previous actions, why start now? He'll never change.

You're wrong. He did apologise the last time and Liverpool handled it the right way.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

8 matches
    Augmerson wrote: »
    And what's that?

Ate a live rabbit or something I don't know???

I'm pretty sure Liam O meant on the pitch on match day, in front of the cameras and not just literally on a field.

• Advertisement

7 matches
    After much deliberation...

I have forgiven Luis Suarez for his third biting offence.

Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal appealing the ban as he'll miss no games against them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Sandraevra

1 match
    Ate a live rabbit or something I don't know???

No, Probably break his leg, and then threatening his life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

1 match

Joey Barton also stubbed a cigar out in a youth team players eye. I mean just think about that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Sandraevra

1 match

What? are you blind?

Or are you Joey Barton's biggest fan.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement