Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How long will Suarez's ban be? Mod warning in OP and post#455

1192021222325»

Comments

I wonder was it directly translated from Spanish?

Doesn't look like anyone with decent english would write

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,522 ✭✭✭tigger123

rarnes1 wrote: »
    I wonder was it directly translated from Spanish?

Doesn't look like anyone with decent english would write

Catalan probably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Ranchu wrote: »
    It's not an apology if it's based on an excuse.

it's an apology for an accident. apologies for accidents do exist, and happen all the time.

it's just whether you think the bite was actually an accident or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

I think you're a little pedantic slick. If he was claiming it wasn't intentional why & how could he stress it would never happen again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

That's my thinking, looks like pigeon English.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Ranchu

SlickRic wrote: »
    it's an apology for an accident. apologies for accidents do exist, and happen all the time.

it's just whether you think the bite was actually an accident or not.

Do you think it was an accident?

Mr Alan wrote: »
    I think you're a little pedantic slick. If he was claiming it wasn't intentional why & how could he stress it would never happen again?

True that.

Looks to me like he's admitted to it and apologised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Just read a few lines of it (maybe that is the actual apology) does he apologise to his club at all?
    If not, he can fck right off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

1 match
    If it's an apology to an Italian why isn't he just making it in Spanish?

• Advertisement

Zico wrote: »
    If it's an apology to an Italian why isn't he just making it in Spanish?

Surely Italian?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭am i bovvered

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Fair play he's apologised.

He is a top class player who wants to win at any cost, I have never seen such an emotional winner or looser in all my time watching football.
    IMO he apologised because he is a winner, he wants to win the Champions League and La Liga with Barca (or other top top club) and will do whatever it takes to make that happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

7 matches
    And why did Chiellini write back in English?!

Something's up.

1 match
    Surely Italian?

Or that.

Grayditch wrote: »
    And why did Chiellini write back in English?!

Something's up.

Fishy alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

10 matches
    Suarez to Juve so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

3 matches
    Bravo, Luis!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

18 month global ban
    Video of his apology:

Apology was a condition of his Barcelona transfer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Mr Alan wrote: »

if it's a translation issue as rarnes suggests, then I'm wrong.

but the translation we have seems very carefully worded so that he's not actually admitting that he bit him. it sounds like an accident.

listen, I couldn't give a toss really, apart from the fact it affects Liverpool.

also, whatever about the apology, if he gave one immediately instead of the awful reasoning we got, I don't think the ban would be as severe as it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Fr. Ned

12 month global ban
    "The collision he suffered with me"

Still playing the accident card?

Within 4 minutes of Grayditch posting Suarez's apology.

Do you sit staring at the screen all day to see if anything's happening with Liverpool players?

What are yiz like.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

SlickRic wrote: »
    also, whatever about the apology, if he gave one immediately instead of the awful reasoning we got, I don't think the ban would be as severe as it is.

I think it actually would have been worse. By denying it and giving his excuses he cast that little bit of doubt in the minds of some people and split the debate down the middle with numerous people coming out in support of him. If he'd come out straight away and said 'Yeah I bit him' he'd have had no defense and no one to fight his corner. A much longer ban could have been on the cards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

He isn't even apologising for the bite, just the collision between the players.. Then he goes on to say it won't happen again. Completely contradictory but I suppose Barca will be happy enough with it

He isn't even apologising for the bite, just the collision between the players.. Then he goes on to say it won't happen again. Completely contradictory but I suppose Barca will be happy enough with it

There's something in the statement for everyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Fr. Ned

12 month global ban
    There's something in the statement for everyone!

No blood though....

1 match
    Now that he's off to Barcelona, I'm starting to think the ban was a bit severe.:p

It was an accident after all.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Stay on topic please. Less of the snipey posts, if you're more concerned with other posters than Suarez then you shouldn't be posting on this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

surely he owes the pool fans and his team etc an apology seeing as lfc are affected by his actions.

still making excuses when its clear as day what happened. hardly any remorse which makes me think his ban should have been much harsher than it is

surely he owes the pool fans and his team etc an apology seeing as lfc are affected by his actions.

still making excuses when its clear as day what happened. hardly any remorse which makes me think his ban should have been much harsher than it is

Bad evil men have no remorse I guess.

7 matches
    I think all of his goals from last seasons should be recalled and for the league table to be re-calculated, and have Liverpool end up wherever they would without his goals. Probably relegated, but at least they would have done it honestly. People would respect them more.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Not all of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Over 10 matches
    I think all of his goals from last seasons should be recalled and for the league table to be re-calculated, and have Liverpool end up wherever they would without his goals. Probably relegated, but at least they would have done it honestly. People would respect them more.

Ugh, we might actually finish below United then.

you are some man nobody can post an opinion now rarnes???

why would you be even thinking that? silly really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,747 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

It'd be great to discuss something on this forum without it turning into United vs Liverpool within 4 posts

Ugh, we might actually finish below United then.

Would you not be used to it? Ye have had about a quarter of a century of it happening to prepare like

• Advertisement

AdamD wrote: »
    It'd be great to discuss something on this forum without it turning into United vs Liverpool within 4 posts

You see it every time, the same posters de rail it, get away with it and do it again and again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

AdamD wrote: »

Not when it involves a player from either team

7 matches
    why would you be even thinking that? silly really

I've already sold him on FIFA 14, Liverpool must do the same.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement