Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How long will Suarez's ban be? Mod warning in OP and post#455

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Davei141 wrote: »
    Liverpool are going to sue surely? Luis Suarez 9 game suspension and 4 months worldwide...wtf that means.

They won't win if they sue. FIFA's game, fifa's rules. Liverpool, Suarez, uefa and the premier league fall under fifa's jurisdiction

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

3 matches
    2562405-6086807432-Happe.gif

Did not a total football ban coming, expect Liverpool to appeal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Told ya.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭Ravenid

7 matches
    9 Match = this World Cup and the Matches between now and the end of the Copa Del Rio so that's kinda what I was expecting and what he is due.

4 Months Worldwide......I can see Liverpool successfully appealing that as they had no hand in this, and even if they don't not available until October/November not really gonna hurt em that much now is it?

Watch as the Man U fans come celebrating to this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

A bit of justice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

6 matches
    So can Liverpool even appeal or what's the craic there? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

7 matches
    Apt for this thread I think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

1 match
    I thought I heard that woman say the appeals process is non suspensive of the ban. That would mean his World Cup is over, unless the appeal was very speedy and successful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

I cant see Liverpool appealing, it's pretty harsh on Liverpool, but I can't imagine they have anywhere to go with an appeal. Out til Nov, whilst not great, is not a total disaster.

Hopefully he has 4 months of shrink time ahead of him, he needs it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

10 matches
    He'll be out within the week. Irish court system once again a joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Ravenid wrote: »
    9 Match = this World Cup and the Matches between now and the end of the Copa Del Rio so that's kinda what I was expecting and what he is due.

4 Months Worldwide......I can see Liverpool successfully appealing that as they had no hand in this, and even if they don't not available until October/November not really gonna hurt em that much now is it?

Liverpool had a hand in this, named Luis Suarez

They let their contracted played go and play football, they didn't have to, he does something retarded and gets banned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

3 matches
    It's one of those rulings that isn't what the haters wanted but enough for them not to grumble... Liverpool the real winners in all this- Surely no club will want him now if he misses the first two months of the season and he will be back well rested and chomping at the bit come october/November.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

10 matches
    Luis Suarez has been banned for nine international matches and for four months from all football activity by FIFA for biting Italy defender Giorgio Chiellini.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Suarez cant complain..he really cant.

Liverpool wont appeal.

pity FIFA dont treat racism and corruption with the same iron fist.

ahh well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

It didn't hurt much last season, were close to the top by the time he made his first start. But I'd still rather him playing.

Appeal will reduce the ban to about 10 weeks, I suspect, on the basis that we pay his wages and the transgression happened on International duty.

Is there any precedent for that? Potentially, his contract will allow LFC to withhold his pay where he is banned for any reason...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I am pie wrote: »

Not enough shrink time for him.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Apprently he's not even aloowed inside a stadium...wow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

3 matches

They let their contracted played go and play football, they didn't have to, he does something retarded and gets banned

Hahahaha. Not really up on the international release rules in football are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

5 matches
    Wow! I'm impressed by FIFA, and this time in a good way. I think the general football ban should have been longer, but this is a start at least and it does send out the right message, that FIFA will not accept players being bitten.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

9 matches
    So can Liverpool appeal?

I think it is a bit extreme.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

9 matches
    FutureGuy wrote: »

But he can put out the cones at Melwood! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Over 10 matches
    Vanolder wrote: »
    It's one of those rulings that isn't what the haters wanted but enough for them not to grumble... Liverpool the real winners in all this- Surely no club will want him now if he misses the first two months of the season and he will be back well rested and chomping at the bit come october/November.

Nice use of that phrase! :D

But I agree, this could deter any would be suitors and if he stays at Liverpool I'm sure he'll come back and start firing in the goals straight away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Agueroooo wrote: »
    Suarez cant complain..he really cant.

Liverpool wont appeal.

So maybe Barca appeal instead??

They have to think of the other players health

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Over 10 matches

wow!! just wow!!!

or play FIFA.

thats really gonna hurt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

6 matches

not even if he wears a muzzle ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Its harsh on Liverpool but such is life.

Its beyond a joke now. Third season in a row where he misses a big chunk of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

5 matches

Watch as the Man U fans come celebrating to this thread.

I would've preferred a four game ban. 4 months means he's still going to be at Liverpool next season since Real/Barca won't touch him now.

• Advertisement

5 matches

Did you see that video I posted early? Here's a link. Was that the Costa headbutt you were talking about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

It's not "will Liverpool appeal", it's "should Liverpool appeal".

If they appeal, they are condoning his actions for selfish reasons.

So much for a 2 year ban eh ☺

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

3 matches
    So Suarez misses nine Uruguay games and 13 Liverpool games? Not going to happen, Liverpool will have it reduced to an international ban on appeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Bannerman7

Luis Suarez bite: Uruguay striker banned for four months

World governing body Fifa have imposed a four-month world footballing ban on Uruguay striker Luis Suarez for biting Italy defender Giorgio Chiellini.

The independent disciplinary committee imposed the suspension after finding the 27-year-old guilty of misconduct.

Suarez has also been banned for nine international matches, ruling him out of the rest of the World Cup.

The incident occurred during Tuesday's 2014 Fifa World Cup Group D game, which Uruguay won to qualify for the last 16

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

7 matches
    Honest to christ I cant see why liverpool are being punished worse than uruguay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

I am pie wrote: »
    I cant see Liverpool appealing, it's pretty harsh on Liverpool, but I can't imagine they have anywhere to go with an appeal. Out til Nov, whilst not great, is not a total disaster.

Why not it has opened a whole can of worms now, what team will release players to play international football.

I wonder will Pool wake up and finally sell him. A very very flawed genius

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭minusthebear

hilarious!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭Cantstandsya

Interestingly the football ban includes administrative activities ie signing contracts with other clubs?

Maybe a blessing in disguise for Liverpool?

5 matches
    rarnes1 wrote: »
    So much for a 2 year ban eh ☺

So much for FIFA can't ban him from playing for his club eh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Bit harsh on Liverpool considering this incident had nothing to do with them. They should have banned him for longer internationally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

8 matches
    Seriously think it'll be either no ban at all or an international ban of no more than six games, followed by enough internet and media rage to fuel the national grid for a week.

Well you got that bit right at least :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

12 month global ban
    I expected him to get a worldwide ban and he got it. FIFA for once send out the right message.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

9 matches
    Lucas Hood wrote: »
    So can Liverpool appeal?

I think it is a bit extreme.

Quoting myself i know but apparently not

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=91010571&postcount=556
    Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes 2m
    Fifa making up rules as they go along, but to judge by what they've just told me, only #URU (not #LFC) would be allowed to appeal Suarez ban

• Advertisement

Liverpool cant appeal.

only Uruguay Fed can.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes 2m
    Fifa making up rules as they go along, but to judge by what they've just told me, only #URU (not #LFC) would be allowed to appeal Suarez ban

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,385 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Iang87 wrote: »

Suarez is the one being punished. Also Liverpool clearly failed to give him the required help after last time so looking at it that way it's more their fault.

5 matches
    Iang87 wrote: »

They're being punished is just a consequence of Suarez being punished. LFC are paying the price for buying and keeping a player with serious disciplinary issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I expected a year ban, 6 months on appeal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Liverpool will win an appeal. He will be back in two months and well rested. Lovely.

Liverpool aren't stupid enough to get embroiled in this after the last debacle. Think both parties will count themselves slightly lucky he'll be back in November

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement