Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Outfit for wedding

• 26-06-2014 1:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I have a wedding in a few weeks, its not a typical wedding with the church, hotel reception etc.

The reception is a BBQ and barn dancing, it's also out in the countryside and there is walking between the ceremony and the barn.

I'm unsure as to what to wear, I will be wearing flat shoes anyway, the invitation said guests can wear anything so long as its not a wedding dress, men aren't required to wear ties or anything.

I was looking at this dress for it, but I'm unsure if it is OTT for the wedding? The dress code is semi-formal.

http://www.asos.com/Little-Mistress/Little-Mistress-Lace-Skater-Dress-with-Plunge-Neck/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=4087272&cid=13934&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=204&sort=3&clr=Mint

Is that dress OTT or is it suitable? It's the only one I have seen (so far) that I really, really like.

I also want to wear that style of dress as it suits me better. I don't like fitted/body-con/pencil dresses.

My budget is €70 for the dress, I already have shoes to wear so don't need new ones. I do need a bag though.

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

that's a lovely dress. I'd prob put silver with it. Lots of sales on at the moment or you could look up adverts, lots of dresses on it and you can bargain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Lovely dress and lovely colour. I don't think the dress is ott at all, they said to wear whatever you want so I'm sure they'll appreciate you putting in an effort and dressing up, it is still a wedding after all. You're planning on wearing flats so you will have all the 'dressyness' of the dress with the casual, relaxed element of the flat shoes. Good choice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Thanks so much for your replies. I love the dress and its something I will wear again too so that's swaying my mind also.

Shoes are silver, and all my jewellery is silver too, just need to get a bag and I'm sorted!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2 InkGirl

Great way to get feedback - lovely dress, hope wedding goes well. Enjoy x

Thanks everyone. I'm gonna order the dress soon.

Can anyone suggest any bags to go with it? I really love this (and am trying to track it down) but not sure if it would go with the dress? Any help appreciated, I am clueless at this stuff!

http://uk.accessorize.com/view/product/uk_catalog/acc_15/3891909600

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

It's adorable: fresh, stylish, summery, very wedding-y without being too formal or stiff. Gold, silver or straw accessories, and don't forget something warm to go over it, when the weather turns on the BBQ!

A long-strap shoulder bag, to leave your hands free for photographing, holding glass of champers, etc.
    In a fresh neutral colour as suggested above. Ought to blend with shoes, or dress, by the way, or at least not be very different. I have a straw bag with gold trim and long gold cord handle that is veteran for weddings!

Hi all,

Back again with another query. I've ordered that dress so now I am stuck on shoes/accessories.

I have these shoes which I want to wear, although my mum isn't so sure on them. I know they are comfortable, and flat, and the colour will match the dress, but are they suitable for a wedding?

They don't look much in these pics, but they're the only one I can find.

245jb42.jpg

mj47co.jpg

I'm also looking for a bag to go with the outfit, can any suggest anything? I can't seem to find anything I like at all.

Hi all

The dress arrived and the silver shoes posted above go perfectly with it, my only issue is finding a suitable silver bag, I can't find one. :(

Would one like this look OK with the outfit?

ogktab.jpg

They are about €4 in Penneys. I can't seem to find any bags online that would go with the outfit.

I'm at a loss as to where to look next. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Penneys have a massive selection of bags at the moment, are you able to go in? You could wear a nude one with that dress.

michellie wrote: »
    Penneys have a massive selection of bags at the moment, are you able to go in? You could wear a nude one with that dress.
    My local Penneys doesn't really have a big selection and I unfortunately won't be near another Penneys before the wedding and the only suitable bag they have is one like the pic above in a cream/ivory colour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭Jamaican Me Crazy

That bag looks similar enough in colour to the shoes so I think it would be ok. It will spend most of the day under a table anyway! Plus the long strap means your hands will be free a previous poster mentioned.

I love the dress you picked. Gorgeous colour and shape to it.

Advertisement