Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ravens Rock Rally- this weekend

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Pump101

fricatus wrote: »
    That is nuts. My mother had a flyer in the door about six weeks ago, and there was a sign at the end of the road for at least a fortnight advising of the road closure. The phone number of the clerk of the course was widely available for anyone who had questions.

They even dropped in a complimentary copy of the Ravens Rock programme a few days beforehand... seems a world away in terms of organisation compared to how you were treated. Any idea which rally it was?

I cant see any reason why the cars or vans would be anywhere near the Rhu Glen. All the stages were over the bridge and the trailer park and scrutiny were out the kilkenny road. Unless they were staying in the Rhu Glen and were unloading cars etc but the car park is massive over there so id image it be alot safer in the car park.

Was it the Ravens Rock just gone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

fricatus wrote: »
    That is nuts. My mother had a flyer in the door about six weeks ago, and there was a sign at the end of the road for at least a fortnight advising of the road closure. The phone number of the clerk of the course was widely available for anyone who had questions.

They even dropped in a complimentary copy of the Ravens Rock programme a few days beforehand... seems a world away in terms of organisation compared to how you were treated. Any idea which rally it was?

It was the Ravens Rock rally last year. I think they must have used the Rhu Glenn as a base because there was a PA system there last year.
    See our road wasn't closed, people involved with the rally just decided to park all along our road, blocking our driveway for 9 hours which baffled me as the Rhu Glenn has a huge carpark.
    Pump101 wrote: »
    I cant see any reason why the cars or vans would be anywhere near the Rhu Glen. All the stages were over the bridge and the trailer park and scrutiny were out the kilkenny road. Unless they were staying in the Rhu Glen and were unloading cars etc but the car park is massive over there so id image it be alot safer in the car park.

Was it the Ravens Rock just gone?

No, it was the one last year. Glad to see it appears to have been better organised than last year.

Advertisement