Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DAB pump - intermittent problem

• 26-06-2014 2:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭

Hi All,
    I've a pressurised domestic water system which uses a DAB Active EI 25/30 pump. (specs here http://www.dabpumps.com/dep/TS_ACTIVE-SYSTEM_ENG.pdf)
    In the event of system leaks, dripping, overflows or small water draws, the ACTIVE system limits the number of pump starts.
    Hammering is eliminated: when water is no longer being taken the motor-driven pump is stopped (delayed) when the flow rate is nil.
    If no water is being sucked up the ACTIVE system will trigger stopping the pump from running dry.
    On returned normal functioning conditions, ACTIVE automatically restores operation.
    The ACTIVE system requires no adjustment or maintenance

Over the last day or two, sometimes the pump hasn't been responding immediately to the taps opening , after a minute or two I'll hear it kick in and all will be fine. No problem with it stopping once the flow has started. The little alarm indicator on the pump lights up so it thinks that there is something wrong.
    So far I've checked that there's water in the header tanks feeding it, and I can't find any leaking taps or cisterns (besides, I've heard it cycling before when I had a leaky cistern).

Can anyone think of anything I should check before I have to call in someone? I'd have no problem uncoupling it etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭KAGY

So it's no longer intermittent :-( no water upstairs at all and just a trickle down stairs (actually literally just heard it kick in now for the first time in hours! )

The question is now can I get spares for this pump assuming either the flow/pressure sensor or control board is gone? Google search only turns up international sites

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Pump101

KAGY wrote: »
    So it's no longer intermittent :-( no water upstairs at all and just a trickle down stairs (actually literally just heard it kick in now for the first time in hours! )

The question is now can I get spares for this pump assuming either the flow/pressure sensor or control board is gone? Google search only turns up international sites

Consolidated pumps in dublin are an agent for dab pumps. Google them and give them a call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭KAGY

Pump101 wrote: »
    Consolidated pumps in dublin are an agent for dab pumps. Google them and give them a call.

Thanks for that. Defo the board or sensor as I connected the motor direct and it runs fine. At least I can fill the cisterns upstairs now.

Advertisement