Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas air freshener?

Options
  • 26-06-2014 2:47pm

Can anyone recommend a nice Xmas air freshener please? I did a search and washiskin uses an Air Wick "Mulled Wine & Cinnamon Apple" freshener...but heaven knows where you get them! Are there any other good ones please? Thank you! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

I get that one in Tesco usually around October/November - but OCCASIONALLY they have them in earlier and have them fairly keen, price wise.

You could always go down the Candle route and as a change from Yankee M&S do a Frankincense & Myrrh or a Mandarin & Clove, both of which are lovely.

A couple of years ago I got a Christmas one from Homebase which was cheap as chips and was as Christmassy as any of the expensive ones I'd tried.

Meadows & Byrne (there's one in Bunratty) used to do an incredibly Christmassy
    pop pourri but I haven't been in any of their shops over Christmas in a while.

:)

Good stuff! I'll keep an eye on Tesco then. I actually forgot to say that I got a Yankee candle last Christmas but Mummy Desmond Nice Handlebar isn't keen on them so I think it got "gifted" to a neighbour! :D Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Those ones from M&S sound incredibly Christmassy! Frankincense and Myrrh and Mandarin and Clove - seriously?! The essence of Christmas!!:D I'm really excited all of a sudden!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

I'm still using my Febreeze Air Effects Holly Berries & Frost fresher bought in Supervalu last December. It has a nice fresh scent but not really overtly Christmassy.

I'd probably still be using my Air Wick Mulled Wine & Cinnamon Apple one, if the top hadn't broken off it. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

sunbeam wrote: »
    I'm still using my Febreeze Air Effects Holly Berries & Frost fresher bought in Supervalu last December. It has a nice fresh scent but not really overtly Christmassy.

I'd probably still be using my Air Wick Mulled Wine & Cinnamon Apple one, if the top hadn't broken off it. :(

The Kilkenny shop do a lovely pot pourri around Christmas time, it's got a lovely spicey seasonal scent, we buy it every year.

• Advertisement

I got the Air Wick one but I'm a bit disappointed. It was great at first but now I can hardly get the smell at all. Come to think of it I think that happens with all air fresheners.

Advertisement