Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco mojito traybake

Options
  • 26-06-2014 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have the recipe for this? It was in one of the leaflets that came through the door last week and my stupid boyfriend threw it in the bin before I got a chance to write down the recipe!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Don't have it, but in my tesco they have free magazines in the store near the fridges in big racks, only in the last few weeks I think. It could be in one of them.

also check here
    http://realfood.tesco.com/recipes.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

rubadub wrote: »

Thanks a million! They didn't have they exact recipe but they had mojito cupcakes so I'll try those!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

That's actually a really good website! I never knew Tesco had that! Handy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 gillymayb

I tried the mojito tray bake in tesco leaflet, it was really yum. I'll see if I still have the recipe. Might have been thrown out as well.

Mojito Traybake
    Makes 12

250g (8oz) unsalted butter, very soft
    100g (3 1/2 oz) caster sugar
    150g Demerara sugar
    4 eggs
    250g (8oz) self raising flour, sifted
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    2 tbsp milk
    2 limes, zested and 2 tbsp juice

For the icing:
    300g (10oz) light cream cheese
    100g (3 1/2oz) icing sugar sifted
    Handful of mint leaves, finely shredded
    Plus small leaves to garnish
    1 lime grated

1. Preheat over to gas 4, 180*C, fan 160*C. Lightly grease a 20cm x30cm cake tin with butter and line with baking parchment. Beat the soft butter, castor sugar and Demerara sugar together until light and fluffy.

2. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, followed by the sifted flour, vanilla extract, milk and lime zest and juice. Bake for 30 mins or until golden and well risen. Cool on a wire rack.

3. Meanwhile, beat the cream cheese with the sifted icing sugar, half the mint and half the lime zest. Spread over the cooled cake. Scatter with the remaining mint and lime zest and cut into 12 portions.

Enjoy :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Thanks a million gillymayb! I've a BBQ coming up and this sounds ideal for it!

Wellyd wrote: »
    Thanks a million gillymayb! I've a BBQ coming up and this sounds ideal for it!

No problem, it is really light, perfect summer recipe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Just saw this thread and it sounded yummy so I went googling and it REALLY looks nice too:

http://realfood.tesco.com/recipes/mojito-traybake.html

Advertisement