Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A word of warning for anyone using BUNAC for a visa.

Options
  • 26-06-2014 3:22pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭

Today I was denied my visa for NZ.

It was an I.E.P. visa as I've already used my one year WHV.

In order to get the visa you have to take out whats called "New Zealand Essentials" pack, there is no way around it. It costs 339 pounds. You also have to pay for the visa which was 189 pounds. I was told over the phone that the 189 for the visa is non refundable and I expected that as it is only an application. What they do not tell you however is that there is a 300 pounds cancellation fee. So I'm getting back a whopping 39 pounds out of 489.

Beware that is all, they are utter scammers.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I don't follow you.

Why was your visa denied and if it was denied why do you have to pay a cancellation fee?

Had you bought the Essentials pack?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

FearDark wrote: »
    Today I was denied my visa for NZ.

It was an I.E.P. visa as I've already used my one year WHV.

In order to get the visa you have to take out whats called "New Zealand Essentials" pack, there is no way around it. It costs 339 pounds. You also have to pay for the visa which was 189 pounds. I was told over the phone that the 189 for the visa is non refundable and I expected that as it is only an application. What they do not tell you however is that there is a 300 pounds cancellation fee. So I'm getting back a whopping 39 pounds out of 489.

Beware that is all, they are utter scammers.

It clearly states this on their website regarding the essentials pack and is mentioned on nearly every post regarding BUNAC on here.

Example thread and the below quote from myself on that thread.
    The IEP Work Exchange visa is a relatively new visa which was launched by New Zealand Immigration a few years ago. The visa is a result of petitioning from IEP in Auckland for a new opportunity for people to travel to New Zealand without having to use up their Working Holiday visa (which is once-in-a-lifetime). The visa was only made available based on the support package provided by IEP and BUNAC through the Work New Zealand programme, and as a result, it is only available as part of the Work New Zealand Essentials package

This visa was not really intended for people who had previously held the Working Holiday visa; it was designed to be used for a first trip to New Zealand (for people requiring the support of the Work New Zealand programme) allowing people to use the Working Holiday visa at a later date independently of BUNAC, but it just happened that anyone who previously held a Working Holiday visa (and is aged 30 to 35) can apply for this second opportunity.

Like you I had used up my WHV and wanted to come back but I know all the above as I emailed their customer support once I saw that extra money was required and to find out if there was anyway around it. They explained very clearly what the charges were for so there was no "scamming involved".

And yes in case you are wondering I did pay the full amount which is expensive but in my eyes worth it as I'm now living/working in New Zealand and in the final stages on getting residency!

What I don't understand is why you had already paid the money and then decided to cancel??

Advertisement