Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Has a guy ever approached you on the street?

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭BonsaiKitten

Esel wrote: »
    Pretty sure that is against the rules and could get you banned.

What do you mean, PMing people? Or chatting on thread? Chatting on thread could get you banned yes. Unless it's a chat thread.

PMing people though, that happens all the time. Usually its between users that would know each other irl or here. And there are boards couples (a boards baby too I think) out there.

PMing random people though, I can imagine it wouldn't go down well and they could report your PM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,659 ✭✭✭✭Esel

PMing random people though, I can imagine it wouldn't go down well and they could report your PM.
    This is what I mean.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

This is what I mean.

Random people have pm'd me but I just assumed my avatar brought all the girls to the yard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,659 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Zambia wrote: »
    Random people have pm'd me but I just assumed my avatar brought all the girls to the yard.
    :)

Nah, its just the Lynx. :pac:

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Frito

Zambia wrote: »

Damn right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

:)

Nah, its just the Lynx. :pac:

I did the whole take shirt of spray lynx on my manly chest and the scantliy clad ladies did come running. Sadly it was in blanch and they just stole my unattended shirt and kept running.

Good times ... Sigh ...... Good times

• Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

What do you mean, PMing people? Or chatting on thread? Chatting on thread could get you banned yes. Unless it's a chat thread.

PMing people though, that happens all the time. Usually its between users that would know each other irl or here. And there are boards couples (a boards baby too I think) out there.

Loads and loads of boards couples, and babies. Off-hand I'd know about 10 couples and about 4-5 babies, and I dont know many boardsies at all so there is probably way more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Neyite wrote: »
    Loads and loads of boards couples, and babies. Off-hand I'd know about 10 couples and about 4-5 babies, and I dont know many boardsies at all so there is probably way more.

Wow. :)

I've often thought boards probably serves as a great sort of unofficial 'dating site' :pac:

Somewhere that personality trumps the physical in most forums/threads and you can bond with like-minded individuals without that pressure of 'GO ON A DATE NOW! FANCY EACH OTHER RIGHT NOW!' that can often overshadow things on your run-of-the-mill dating site.

I know for sure over the years I've had a few 'I like the sound of him..' moments and a bit of over-and-backing PMs, but for that I've always been abroad and in and out of relationships all the time, it's just never materialized into anything further.

Advertisement