Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dentists

Options
  • 26-06-2014 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a decent Dentist in the City Centre for a check up?
    Have had a bit of a toothache the last few days and I am probably overdue a check up. Working in Camden street so anywhere in city centre would be great.

Also when googling, it says if you pay PRSI you are probably entitled to a free check up? Has anyone taken advantage of this before?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Bluezar wrote: »
    Hi,

Can anyone recommend a decent Dentist in the City Centre for a check up?
    Have had a bit of a toothache the last few days and I am probably overdue a check up. Working in Camden street so anywhere in city centre would be great.

Also when googling, it says if you pay PRSI you are probably entitled to a free check up? Has anyone taken advantage of this before?

Cheers

I use this lot http://www.portobellodental.com/, 5-10 min walk max from Camden St.

I never knew about the PRSI thing until my last check up and it was free :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

Pat Hickey
    Based on corner of Nassau and Dawson street

Seriously, he's the best out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,321 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I'll second Gav, great place, just around corner from Camden Street too.

Smiles on South Anne St. are very good (and very nice, and reasonable price) if you give them your PPS when you're booking the appointment they'll make sure you get any free check up you're entitled to.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭horsebox7

I bought a groupon voucher for a scale and polish for a dentist in Dublin City Centre but when I arrived at the reception desk the receptionist asked me to fill out my personal details on a PRSI claim form which I thought was wrong as I was not claiming form PRSI at all. Perhaps the dentist was claiming PRSI in addition to the money earned from the sale of the groupon voucher. I refused to fill out the PRSI form and as a result of not going along with the whole thing the service I received was not very friendly to say the least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 ek54

Hi there,

I was a customer in Portobello Dental clinic for a couple of years and honestly now I wouldn't go back. For simple things like dental hygiene or check ups it's fine, but when I had to do a crown, the dentist did a horrible job that now I can't fix unless I do the whole thing all over again. Besides doing a crown that has a rotten color (the whole tooth is dark grey instead of being the same color as the other teeth), that tooth gave me so much trouble for the past 2 years. I had to spend much more money afterwards to get it checked number f times by other dentists.

Probably it's just the dentist that visited me that is not good (he was kind of young and probably with not much experience), but anyway I'll never go back there.

Advertisement