Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good Flight Simulator ?

• 26-06-2014 5:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Anyone can recommend to me a good flight simulator ?

one for windows and that I can use with keyboard and mouse preferably ... or would I be better off getting a throttle ? mind you that could cost a bit ...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

Moved to virtual flying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

The best one at the moment is P3D although it is quite expensive even for an academic license. I would recommend FSX from Microsoft as it has a huge developer base. You can get sceneries and very realistic aircraft such as B737, B777, Concorde, A320 etc. The amount of scenery you can get is unlimited really.

Using a keyboard isn't really recommended as it is very difficult to fly with it. I'd recommend getting a joystick with a throttle lever. You can pick one up for less than €40 if you look around. I picked my Logitech joystick for £20 in Argos 7 years ago and still works perfect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ytareh

Combat or civilian ?IL2 Sturmovik 1946 is king of WW2 and some would suggest has best flight model of all.Microsoft FSX has civilian enthusiast more in mind BUT plane's flight model feels dumbed down to me compared with IL2 .Rise of Flight is the best known WW1 one .
    Anything youre flying with a keyboard and mouse is arcade and not 'sim'....

Thrustmaster T16000M is my choice of 'sensitive'/accurate and long lasting joysticks but Logitech Extreme 3d Pro is more anatomic /comofrtable and easy to find in shops.Both shouldnt be more than 10-20 either side of 50 euro .

DONT get a joystick that doesnt have a 'twist rudder' like cheapest Logitech model(s) (although SERIOUS simmers will say you should buy rudder pedals youre heading into three figure money at that stage ....

I have several old versions of IL2 and several other era games/sims you can have for very little if you want to PM me .

Advertisement