Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

transfer account

Options
  • 26-06-2014 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

hi,
    I am moving out of my current address but my housemate is staying on. Is it possible to get the account transferred to his name or do i need to close account altogether and he open another?
    could you let me know?
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Shligo,

Thanks for contacting us. You would need to close your account by providing us with a final meter reading, the name/contact number of the landlord/letting agency, and a forwarding address for your final bill if you are not on online billing.
    This process can be completed for you from the day you move out onwards (not before it).

Your housemate would need to register a new account in his name, also with a meter reading (which is the usage point from which he would be billed) and the electricity meter point reference number (MPRN) and/or GPRN (gas).

Further details regarding moving address/registering an account are here on our website.

Kind regards,
    Una

Advertisement