Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emergency Burrito Question

Options
  • 26-06-2014 6:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭

Ordered burritos for myself and my GF to surprise her when she gets home from work. Turns out she's running an hour late. Burritos are currently en route and will be here shortly.

Is putting them in the oven the best way to keep them warm? If so, what temperature?

Yes, I'm a kitchen idiot, but I'm sure you can appreciate the seriousness of this situation! Thank you :o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

Ordered burritos for myself and my GF to surprise her when she gets home from work. Turns out she's running an hour late. Burritos are currently en route and will be here shortly.

Is putting them in the oven the best way to keep them warm? If so, what temperature?

Yes, I'm a kitchen idiot, but I'm sure you can appreciate the seriousness of this situation! Thank you :o

The oven may dry them out. I would (shamefully) microwave them before eating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Where does one get burritos delivered?

I assume they have been eaten now but wrapping them in tin foil and zapping them in the micro before eating sans tin foil would be what I'd have done. Probs won't be as nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭YumCha

wrapping them in tin foil and zapping them in the micro

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

YumCha wrote: »
    :eek:

Should have said: wrap in tin foil so they stay simewhat warm and then prior to eating, remove from tin foil and reheat them in the microwave.

Do not put tin foil in a microwave.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Keep them in the foil they come in, heat your oven to 75c and put them in there, will keep them warm and moist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭usersame

The oven at 75 is the best idea but we all know you're in bad shape, burritos don't travel or store well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

usersame wrote: »
    The oven at 75 is the best idea but we all know you're in bad shape, burritos don't travel or store well.

Yeah, the bread will go soggy, nothing you can do about that tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

The post was written five days ago... I betthe burritos are well soggy now!

Advertisement