Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting a Room

Options
  • 26-06-2014 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I may be in a position to rent out a double room in my house, in the near future.

The house is based in the Dublin 1 area, 5 minutes from train station and 10 minute walk from o conell street. The house has just been decorated, it is a 3 bed house and just me living there.

My question is what should I be looking to charge for the facility?

Thanks for any feedback

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

Would the person have their own bathroom or shared bathroom?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

dar100 wrote: »
    Hi,

I may be in a position to rent out a double room in my house, in the near future.

The house is based in the Dublin 1 area, 5 minutes from train station and 10 minute walk from o conell street. The house has just been decorated, it is a 3 bed house and just me living there.

Thanks for any feedback

A friend of mine is paying 600 a month for a room on gardener at. Apartment is small but very high standard, no crying chair in site

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dar100

Two bathrooms in house, but would have to share shower/bath

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭coolemon

About 450-500 excluding bills. But you wont know until you try it and see what response you get. Apartments for some strange reason seem to ask for more generally.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

coolemon wrote: »
    About 450-500 excluding bills. But you wont know until you try it and see what response you get. Apartments for some strange reason seem to ask for more generally.

Agree on this figure. If working in the city no commuting costs. If you are the only other occupant it's better than an apartment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

dar100 wrote: »
    Check the house share section on daft - and see what others in similar areas - with a similar offering - are asking.

Also, advertising a house share there is free (or at least it used to be - have not checked in there in a couple of years).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

coolemon wrote: »

Sounds cheap. A nice double in Blanchardstown/Lucan will set you back €450 plus bills. City centre would be between €500-600 I would expect?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Comparison shop it on Daft.ie

Advertisement