Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Preparation to reduce muscle mass loss during holidays!

• 26-06-2014 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

Well folks I'm looking for some advice regarding the thread title.

For the last 7 months I've push and made some great muscle mass and strength gain through a dedicated weight training programme and suitable nutrition plan. However come August I'm heading away for ~3 weeks on a hiking expedition. Food will be somewhat limited during the trip as I will be carrying all supplies on my back and access to weight training will be zero.

It will be a great time for dropping body weight/body fat!!, but I'm dreading that I will lose a lot of the strength and mass gains I have made over the past months.

Has anybody dealt with such an issue before? I wonder should I eat and train like a bloody horse for the next six weeks to preempt the losses?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭shakedown

Just enjoy the holiday. Plenty of time to rebuild when you get back.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 IRISHAARON

The way id think about it is that u think of lads in prison with only there 3 meals if lucky and they build some serious muscle. All i can say is just get a workout plan for doing the likes of press ups all the usual that will keep the muscles active and get the abs going because u will loose plenty of body fat and u we see them babies nice and clear :D peaceeee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

Lads in Irish prisons are allowed supplements. Also, they aren't subjected to drug tests so they can get away with taking steds.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 IRISHAARON

yeh thats true but like i no lads that dnt believe in all them supplements and dnt use weights because they can be dangerous if something goes wrong so they just stick with push ups and the usual sh*t, but they have built up compared to what they were so it is possible... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65 ✭✭Squat Rack Curler

If you can eat at maintenance calories during the holiday then do so as muscle loss will be minimal.
    If you eat at a caloric defecit during your trip without weight training, you will lose muscle. It would be best to cut beforehand if you wish to cut.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭generic2012

3 weeks is nothing, you'll be grand, if you're eating any way middling you won't lose much if any muscle. When you come back you might feel weaker but that will just be from your body getting used to the break, lack of coordination, longer time to recover etc.

Advertisement