Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outboard mechanic

• 26-06-2014 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a reliable outboard mechanic or dealer who can link my outboard engine up to a diagnostic programme to determine the cause of alarm when travelling at high speed. I have already had the heat sensor changed and still have the same problem. The guy I used does not have the equipment.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

What make of engine is it and what part of the country are you.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭mail

Mariner 60hp four stroke based in Wexford

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Not many Mariner dealers around these days, you could try Mick Dunne in Fethard-on-sea TEL 087 2418469 he is a Mercury dealer and some of the software might work for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 494 ✭✭vinnie13

was it serviced lately?usually the alarm will sound if low oil pressure which could happen at high revs if low on oil or if the engine gets to hot which could be as simple as a worn impellor of possibly a blockage from salt corrosion

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭mail

Hi the impellor was changed last year and the heat sensor also as the alarm was coming on at high revs but the problem is still happening this year. I am thinking of selling the boat and I want to be sure that it is ok before anyone buys it, thats why I would like to connect it to a computer. I am willing to tow the boat to a reliable mechanic who could do this. I have had enough of trial and error type repairs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement