Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD closing application before declared deadline

• 26-06-2014 8:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone can shed some light on whether I have a point or not. I applied for a master's in Biotechnology at UCD which stated that the closing date for those not requiring a VISA was the 1st of July 2014. I was waiting weeks for an academic reference (something completely outwith my control), and didn't receive it until the 18th of June. I logged in on the 18th of June to upload the reference and finally submit the application, upon which I was greeted with ''Applications closed June 16th''.

The application still went through, and I had paid the fee weeks before.

I have emailed the department in question and they have said that I missed the deadline and have been placed on a waiting list to see if any places become available after July 1st.

Am I right in thinking that this is completely unfair as I began filling out the online form on February 18th (which they can see), and that the reason I missed this so-called 'deadline' was because the deadline listed on their site is different, and also because my department at TCD took an extremely long time issuing me an academic reference?

Very disappointed.

Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisement