Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 account issues

Options
  • 26-06-2014 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭

1: 365online / mobile app.

i rely on this app quite a bit, to check transactions on a day to day basis. but lately the 365online doesnt seem to register card usage until days after a transaction, up to 4 or 5 days later until i see it !

is there an issue ?

2: Visa Debit card, Can you stop it putting an account into an overdraft ? last couple of days myself thinking my account is fine by checking then making a purchase. days later check online and account is in minus !

if it means reverting me to a laser card then so be it ! very simply if there is no money on the card then just decline it so i know what the craic is !

let me know anyway please

cheers 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Thank you for your post.

When you use your Visa Debit Card for purchases, the payment amount usually debits your account straight away. Then, when it's fully processed by the business/ company you are buying from, the narrative will update further for, usually a few days later. Just to mention, the most up to date balance will show online/app/ BOI ATM. 

Unfortunately, it is no longer possible to avail of a Laser Card as we have replaced these with Visa Debit. If your account is overdrawing as a result of card transactions, we would certainly advise calling your account holding branch and speak with a Customer Advisor to offer some help with this. They can also look into why card transactions seem to be debiting later than expected.

Contact details of our branches can be found here 

If we can help again, please feel free to ask.

Thanks
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Impossible to get to my branch during work hours.

Can I go to any branch ?

And is it possible to just decline a card if there is insufficient funds ?

Thanks again !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

You can visit any nearby branch to help with account.

We understand during working hours it can be difficult to visit your branch or a local branch.

We can certainly arrange a call back from your branch for you, if you wish to send us a PM with your full name, contact number and the name of your branch. It's not necessary to send any account details. 

As a Visa Debit Card can overdraw your account, we will ask your branch if it's possible to help prevent this.

Hope to hear from you soon.
    Alison

We understand during working hours it can be difficult to visit your branch or a local branch.

We can certainly arrange a call back from your branch for you, if you wish to send us a PM with your full name, contact number and the name of your branch. It's not necessary to send any account details. 

As a Visa Debit Card can overdraw your account, we will ask your branch if it's possible to help prevent this.

Alison
    Hi Alison,

I dropped into a branch there during lunch,

was told that my account will overdraw as i've had my account with you guys for the last 7 years and have a savings account with some cash stashed in it. i was told i cannot un do this, but yet new customers aren't allowed have this.

as for the visa debit transactions taking days to show up, i've being told to get specific examples of these and then report them to see why they aren't showing up. i will have to do this next week but i can give example from monday of a 1euro transaction from Enterprise Rent-a-car that didn't appear on the account until Thursday !

does any of this sound right ?

cheers !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Alison
    Hi Alison,

I dropped into a branch there during lunch,

was told that my account will overdraw as i've had my account with you guys for the last 7 years and have a savings account with some cash stashed in it. i was told i cannot un do this, but yet new customers aren't allowed have this.

as for the visa debit transactions taking days to show up, i've being told to get specific examples of these and then report them to see why they aren't showing up. i will have to do this next week but i can give example from monday of a 1euro transaction from Enterprise Rent-a-car that didn't appear on the account until Thursday !

does any of this sound right ?

cheers !
    Hi Koppaberg Strawberry and Lime, 

Thanks for keeping us updated. 

The balance of your current account should not affect your savings account. 

As Alison mentioned in her first response, with Visa Debit card transactions, you will usually see the narrative 'VISA DEBIT' first and when the retailer fully processes the transaction, you will see further information such as the name of the company. If you can provide examples, we will investigate them. Rather than dropping into the branch again, you could send the details via your Online Service Desk on BOI 365 Online. The reps there will have access to your account details and will be happy to look into this for you. 

Thanks

Billy

• Advertisement

Hi Koppaberg Strawberry and Lime, 

Thanks for keeping us updated. 

The balance of your current account should not affect your savings account. 

As Alison mentioned in her first response, with Visa Debit card transactions, you will usually see the narrative 'VISA DEBIT' first and when the retailer fully processes the transaction, you will see further information such as the name of the company. If you can provide examples, we will investigate them. Rather than dropping into the branch again, you could send the details via your Online Service Desk on BOI 365 Online. The reps there will have access to your account details and will be happy to look into this for you. 

Thanks

Billy

Thanks for the reply there !

So is it possible to have overdraft turned off ?

The visa debit bit doesnt show for some days never mind the name of the shop.

Example I can give ! Enterprise rent a car

Advertisement