Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus with baby

Options
  • 26-06-2014 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭

I was thinking of getting on the bus with a three week old baby. (Bus eireann)
    Does anyone have any experiance?
    Can I bring him in the carrycot part of the travel system or will I have to fold it down? I don't like him in the car seat for too long but I wouldn't manage to carry the car seat aswell as the buggy!
    Just fancied a ramble around shopping centre and the other half is in work with the car!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Sarah Bear wrote: »
    I was thinking of getting on the bus with a three week old baby. (Bus eireann)
    Does anyone have any experiance?
    Can I bring him in the carrycot part of the travel system or will I have to fold it down? I don't like him in the car seat for too long but I wouldn't manage to carry the car seat aswell as the buggy!
    Just fancied a ramble around shopping centre and the other half is in work with the car!

If there's another buggy already on board you'll have to fold up your buggy and put it on the luggage rack - not easy to do with a three week old! Would you use a sling/wrap instead? I use a manduca carrier wherever I have to get the bus, it's a lot handier. Lots of info on slings on the babywearing thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I reckon you'd be fine on the Bus Eireann (that's only from knowing you and knowing where you live)... But I couldn't guarantee it. As nikpmup said, if there's another buggy on board then you'll have to fold it and it can be hard. Slings are great... but I don't think I'd feel comfortable on the bus with just a sling, it'd be like travelling in a car without a carseat, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Sarah Bear

Yeah I'm thinking I'll get a sling. It's only 10 mins on the bus and it's normally fairly empty.. Think I'll just chance it see what happens lol!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Sarah Bear wrote: »
    Yeah I'm thinking I'll get a sling. It's only 10 mins on the bus and it's normally fairly empty.. Think I'll just chance it see what happens lol!

If you wanna try out mine you're more than welcome I've a ring sling and a jpmbb

Bus journey was a success! I had him in his car seat folded the wheels and put them in luggage compartment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Fair play.. I'm way too used to having a car wouldn't attempt a bus..! (Even with just my first before number 2 arrived)

I bet you feel a sense of accomplishment? Love knowing I've done something I didn't know would work out..

Was a bit nervous but I need to have a bit of independence. Now to start driving lessons! Why didn't i do that 10 years ago!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

I live in the country so learning to drive is a must..
    My dad made me learn at 13.. Even drove a bus at 14.. Had no interest but greatful now the lessons rule is expensive for full test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Glad the bus worked! I love the bus with baby in sling. Find it way easier than parking and buggy etc.

Advertisement