Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheap Genuine Ray-Bans

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

The Ray Bans aren't actually sold by Amazon they're sold by a 3rd party using Amazon's name. These sunglasses are fakes but very good ones. They're slightly heavier and RayBan confirmed to me that they're replicas.

Look at the reviews too. Amazon refunded my money to me after complaining.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

glued wrote: »
    The Ray Bans aren't actually sold by Amazon they're sold by a 3rd party using Amazon's name. These sunglasses are fakes but very good ones. They're slightly heavier and RayBan confirmed to me that they're replicas.

If you click on the link in the OP and select amazon.com as the seller you will get the genuine article. this was discussed earlier in the thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭Belfunk

How did you come to that conclusion? I highly doubt Amazon are selling good fakes and claiming they are authentic.

Ships from and sold by Amazon.com

All Sunglasses Come complete with Original Manufacturers Case, Cloth, and Booklet/Authenticity card when applicable.

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Saint Sonner

Did you use standard shipping or express? And did you end up purchasing off of Amazon.com?

I used standard shipping and they say they will be another 2 weeks :(

Shipping with i-parcel.

I think I picked express by mistake (I meant to pick standard - prob led to greater charge), it gave this detail in the confirmation email:

AmazonGlobal Priority Shipping

Ordered on 27 June and Arrived today

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭HomelessMidge

I think I picked express by mistake (I meant to pick standard - prob led to greater charge), it gave this detail in the confirmation email:

AmazonGlobal Priority Shipping

Ordered on 27 June and Arrived today

Yeah that would be priority. Shipping for 3 items was $75 using priority but standard shipping was only $11.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Belfunk wrote: »
    How did you come to that conclusion? I highly doubt Amazon are selling good fakes and claiming they are authentic.

Ships from and sold by Amazon.com

All Sunglasses Come complete with Original Manufacturers Case, Cloth, and Booklet/Authenticity card when applicable.

I like how you've highlighted that as proof of authenticity. Sure they can do a decent job of a pair of sunglasses, but a piece of cardboard would be too much for them. :D

Plenty on fake stuff on Amazon's site. But as others have said if it's sold by amazon you shouldnt have any concern.

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Saint Sonner

Yeah that would be priority. Shipping for 3 items was $75 using priority but standard shipping was only $11.

Yeah the shipping was $23.76 :mad::mad::mad: Learnt my lesson!

Well I suppose at least I got them quick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

Yeah the shipping was $23.76 :mad::mad::mad: Learnt my lesson!

Well I suppose at least I got them quick!

$24 for priority shipping? that actually sounds nearly reasonable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

So how much is a pair of Wayfarers including customs and 20% discount etc?

• Advertisement

Tusky wrote: »
    So how much is a pair of Wayfarers including customs and 20% discount etc?

Works out roughly at €100, maybe less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Works out roughly at €100, maybe less.

I thought that's about what they are in shops here anyway, no?

Tusky wrote: »
    I thought that's about what they are in shops here anyway, no?

For the Wayfarers the cheapest would be 130 (that's plain black). Then all the different styles and colours vary in prices (average price being 150). With Amazon all the styles and different colours work out at 100 give or take.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

For price comparison, Brown Thomas stock them - link!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

There was another bargain alert about Ray Bans being sold be Amazon.com a few weeks back. If you buy from Amazon and not a third party seller you are guaranteed genuine products.

I received a €2 refund on my credit card today as well because the customs charges didn't amount to what I had paid.

Once again an absolutely fantastic service from Amazon. They are by far the best online retailer I have ever dealt with.

EDIT: Its probably important to note that I didnt request the refund. THey simply emailed me Friday and told me they were processing a refund for me.

For price comparison, Brown Thomas stock them - link!

Really surprised at the price of the club masters! €298 compared to $97 off of Amazon!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭ene

i just ordered 2 pairs of wayfarer sunglasses for 120 pound delivered to the uk

not just the basic ones is well!

thank you op as the oh was bugging me about getting her a pair for weeks now and i managed to get a pair for myself for the same price as they are in brighton!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 176 ✭✭trev44

I holiday relatively frequently in very hot countries (think temperatures approaching 35-40 degrees) and not once have I worn sunglasses. The locals don't seem to wear them either. What dangers does the sun pose to your eyes? I don't wear sunscreen either but I just tan as opposed to getting sunburned so that's not really relevant.

Just from what I've seen a lot of people who own Ray-Bans are young lads/girls who wear them any time the sun shines in Ireland because they look cool. I highly doubt the sun here could do damage (but I could well be wrong). Anyway, how do we know Ray-Bans aren't marked up significantly because of the brand? You could definitely get a pair of sunglasses with good UV protection at far more reasonable prices.

you have a point
    BUT
    if you wear fakers it opens up your eye which allows more of the dangerous into your eye which would be filtered by real glasses.
    no glasses are better than fakes that may or may not filter out the nasties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Spend 100 euros on Sunglasses ...... I'm always losing the damn things anyway :D
    Ehh.... Its not that good value, cheaper or the same price for a lot of those Ray Ban models in Germany

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Luke92

Anyone else order these and use standard shipping? Taking longer than expected!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Luke92 wrote: »
    Anyone else order these and use standard shipping? Taking longer than expected!

They are coming from the US so will take longer.
    I'm expecting mine on Thursday

• Advertisement

mik_da_man wrote: »
    They are coming from the US so will take longer.
    I'm expecting mine on Thursday

Did yours ship with I parcel? See I ordered them with a watch on friday (22nd of June) the watch shipped with ups and was here Wednesday the 2nd. But the glasses are with I parcel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Spend 100 euros on Sunglasses ...... I'm always losing the damn things anyway :D
    Ehh.... Its not that good value, cheaper or the same price for a lot of those Ray Ban models in Germany

On amazon.de is it?

Luke92 wrote: »
    Did yours ship with I parcel? See I ordered them with a watch on friday (22nd of June) the watch shipped with ups and was here Wednesday the 2nd. But the glasses are with I parcel.

Yeah iParcel
    What's the estimated arrival date on your order?

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Yeah iParcel
    What's the estimated arrival date on your order?

It says the 11th. I got an update that its arrived and just waiting to clear customs. So hopefully I'll have it tomorrow. I already have my fast way tracking number but that hasn't been updated yet (fast way deliver for i-parcel in Ireland).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭epopnomis

Anyone get theirs yet? Mine has been in Ireland since 7th... Someone's dragging their heels....

epopnomis wrote: »
    Anyone get theirs yet? Mine has been in Ireland since 7th... Someone's dragging their heels....

Mine were the same. Must have been in the same shipment. In Ireland since the 7th and only given to fastway the 11th. Out for delivery today.

So hopefully I'll get them today! Depends on how busy the courier is I suppose.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Same here, arrived 7th, expected delivery the 10th, but got them this morning. Pleased, made in Italy, definitely real.

Mine is still sitting in customs :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭ene

i got mine about 5 days ago and they are lovely! thanks op

Got mine today. Brilliant, love them.

• Advertisement

Acccording to iParcel,
    Current Status: Consolidation Arrived - Pending Customs Clearance and inbound scan

Hopefully, I'll have them tomorrow, but I'd be very surprised to be honest. Expected delivery time from amazon was at 8pm on the 14th of July (they arrived in Ireland on the 7th of July :( )

Acccording to iParcel,

Hopefully, I'll have them tomorrow, but I'd be very surprised to be honest. Expected delivery time from amazon was at 8pm on the 14th of July (they arrived in Ireland on the 7th of July :( )

That's not to bad.
    Mine are in the same status and were due on the 10th :(

Acccording to iParcel,

Not by tomorrow. They have to go to the fastway sorting centre then a courier collects the package for delivery. So I'd say Wednesday at the earliest.

They all seem to have arrived in Ireland the 7th, so I think they all came in the same shipment. Why some are still waiting to clear is a mystery!

I had two packages arrive into Ireland on the same night one from Hong kong (An Post) and this one with Iparcel. An post delivered Friday morning, only yesterday was my Iparcel package updated with a fastway tracking number.

Consolidation Arrived - Pending Customs Clearance and inbound scan 2014-07-09 T13:02:00-04:00

Looks like mine were delivered to the office today.
    Now to track them down!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

Thanks OP

I hate you for getting me to spend money, but I needed a pair and I've bitten the bullet and bought them.

Went express delivery, so should have them by Friday, which is handy as I'm going to Italy next week.

cloneslad wrote: »
    Thanks OP

I hate you for getting me to spend money, but I needed a pair and I've bitten the bullet and bought them.

Went express delivery, so should have them by Friday, which is handy as I'm going to Italy next week.

Best of luck with customs...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭epopnomis

Received mine today.. love em

They arrived & they're lovely. Very happy, thanks again OP :)

• Advertisement

Got an email from Fastway but when I go to track the item it tells me that "There are no scans for this item"...

Bizarre.

Got an email from Fastway but when I go to track the item it tells me that "There are no scans for this item"...

Bizarre.

They ignored the address on mine and delivered to another office!

Bizarre.

I am the same. Got an email from them at 12pm Monday with a tracking number that doesn't update, still waiting on the glasses.

Belfunk wrote: »
    I am the same. Got an email from them at 12pm Monday with a tracking number that doesn't update, still waiting on the glasses.

I emailed them and they said that I should check with sender. I'm going to get onto Amazon now to see what they can do. Fastway and iParcel are terrible. My iParcel tracking says it's still in customs

My parcel was delivered to a different office.
    Signed for by someone I don't know.
    The tracking details on Amazon however said that it was delivered to me and I signed for it.!
    Got a full refund.

Now have to track them down.

Sounds like someones got themselves a few new pairs of Ray-Bans. Amazon are sending me out a new pair which are due on Tuesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

I ordered mine on Tuesday afternoon and they arrived at the office this morning. The extra cost for prime shipping is definitely worth it

IParcel said that they have a problem with customs. Should be 3-5 days. Someone else should email them to turn up the pressure. Not sure what the nature of the problem is but mine are sitting in customs since the 9th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

IParcel said that they have a problem with customs. Should be 3-5 days. Someone else should email them to turn up the pressure. Not sure what the nature of the problem is but mine are sitting in customs since the 9th.

Same here which is ridiculous because the first 2 pairs i ordered arrived within a week :(

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Troy McClure

Jut seen this offer. The 55mm frames seem to be full price and 52 is too small. Gutted to have missed it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

Jut seen this offer. The 55mm frames seem to be full price and 52 is too small. Gutted to have missed it..

Someone posted that Amazon.de had good prices a few pages back, maybe check them out?

• Advertisement
Advertisement