Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom free cancellation of new account if services can't be provided?

Options
  • 26-06-2014 9:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I signed up to a new account with Eircom last week and have already been issued with my new bill.

Only problem is the phone/broadband line is not working. We were told it was activated at the exchange but I went through all the steps with technical support with no luck. We are working on it, with the engineer checking the exchange in the next few days and if that doesn't work, coming out to check the lines in my apartment.

My question is, if this isn't resolved, can we leave the contract for no fee and have the bill waived as we would not have received a service? Seems unfair to charge for it. What is the policy for new account holders if service could not be established?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭eircom: Colm

Tarzana wrote: »
    Hi,

I signed up to a new account with Eircom last week and have already been issued with my new bill.

Only problem is the phone/broadband line is not working. We were told it was activated at the exchange but I went through all the steps with technical support with no luck. We are working on it, with the engineer checking the exchange in the next few days and if that doesn't work, coming out to check the lines in my apartment.

My question is, if this isn't resolved, can we leave the contract for no fee and have the bill waived as we would not have received a service? Seems unfair to charge for it. What is the policy for new account holders if service could not be established?

Thanks.
    Hi Tarzana

The reason the service may not be active could be due to it being incorrectly done as an electronic enablement (This is usually only when there is a soft dial tone on the line and it can be connected remotely) when it should have required a  Technicain call out. Unfortunately this can happen occassionaly. The Technician call out should resolve this though. In this instance you will receive a credit on your next bill for any previous billed charges where service was not actually active.

In relation to cancelling while the issue is still not resolved, I would advise you to contact 1901 regarding this query,

thanks
    Colm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Tarzana

Hi,

Thanks.
    Hi Tarzana

The reason the service may not be active could be due to it being incorrectly done as an electronic enablement (This is usually only when there is a soft dial tone on the line and it can be connected remotely) when it should have required a  Technicain call out. Unfortunately this can happen occassionaly. The Technician call out should resolve this though. In this instance you will receive a credit on your next bill for any previous billed charges where service was not actually active.

In relation to cancelling while the issue is still not resolved, I would advise you to contact 1901 regarding this query,

thanks
    Colm
    Thanks, that could be the problem here, I'll soon know I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi,

Thanks.
    Hi Tarzana

thanks
    Colm
    Thanks, that could be the problem here, I'll soon know I guess.
    Hi Tarzana

If you want to PM your order details I can check for an update on this if you want?

Thanks
    Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Tarzana

I got sorted, thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

I got sorted, thanks!
    Thanks Tarzana

Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement