Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RPA Interceptor in 6.5x55

Options
  • 26-06-2014 9:40pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Having sold my last RPA to finance a new project last year i bought this in February as i wanted an RPA back. Funny how things take a turn. I am now in the position where i must raise cash for a another issue, and the only thing i can part with is the RPA. So with that in mind i am selling my newly bought RPA.

As said it was bought brand new in February of this year. It's 5 months old at the end of this month. It has fired a total of 42 rounds. I had grand plans for this rifle. Intending to split the use between hunting and possibly re-barreling in the future to return to F-Class shooting. Anyone that knows RPA will know they are a world class action, so i knew with the stock, trigger, etc. that came with the rifle that all i needed was a new .308 barrel (existing one is 6.5x55) and i had a top class FTR gun. A friend recently done this and his is shooting 2" verticals at 1,000 yards.

In the meantime i had a tack driver of a hunting rig with something i can easily shoot to 800 yards with on the range until i get back into the full swing of things. Problem now is an "issue" has come up that needs attending, but there is a catch.

If a deal can be done by the end of July, at latest, first week of August then i'll sell the rifle. If not then any deal after this will be too late and pointless. So while "shooing myself in the foot" by placing a time scale on the advert, if anyone is interested in a deal, the rifle will only be available until the end of July with a deal to be completed by no later than August 7th.

Here are some details about the rifle. Just to note it is the RIFLE ONLY. The scope, bipod, rings, etc. are all being transferred to my .308 & .17hmr.
    • The rifle is an RPA Interceptor.
    • It is a sporting class rifle
    • Caliber is 6.5 x 55.
    • Action is RPA's Quadlite.
    • 4 locking lug bolt face.
    • Barrel is a 26" stainless heavy profile in 1:9 twist.
    • Barrel is thread in M17x1 and comes with thread protector.
    • Trigger is fully adjustable for position, creep, and weight.
    • Safety across trigger to added safety.
    • Passive ejector
    • Receiver drilled and tapped with two piece weaver base fitted by RPA
    • Short firing pin travel provides for very fast lock time
    • Heavy duty recoil plate has locator spigot to allow barrel removal and refitting without compromising the position of the plate to the bedding
    • Composite stock with fully adjustable butt pad and cheek riser.
    • Gun is slightly heavy at 10lbs.
    • Single shot
    • Two sling attachments studs by RPA

The rifle may not suit everyone's needs or preferences. It is to be expected, however for the right person this gun will be a keeper. Hell i thought i was going to be that person. The price of these guns new is €3,350 (£2,679). However to encourage a sale, and because of the situation i am selling at a seriously reduced price. I'm looking for €2,095 for the rifle. I might entertain a serious offer VERY close to that, but most definitely will not consider anything less the VERY close. That is a €1,250 hit in 5 months which while encouraging a sale should not be mistaken for a firesale and a desire to get rid of the rifle. I will keep it than sell for less than it's worth. (No offence intended, but ya get the idea).

Here are some pictures of the rifle. When i find my targets i'll stick up pictures of the groups at 100, 200, and 300 yards.

Thanks for looking.

picture.php?albumid=2370&pictureid=15162

picture.php?albumid=2370&pictureid=15163

picture.php?albumid=2370&pictureid=15160

picture.php?albumid=2370&pictureid=15164

picture.php?albumid=2370&pictureid=15161
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement