Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

river sheen co.kerry

Options
  • 26-06-2014 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭

Hi just wondering does anyone know anyting about fishing the river sheen in Kerry is there a club or somewhere to get a day ticket for this river.I see that there is over 1000 fish landed here each year but cant seem to find a whole lot info any help appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Contact
    Sheen Falls Hotel, Kenmare, Co Kerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭bizidea

thanks srameem have you fished it is it expensive for the day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

bizidea wrote: »
    thanks srameem have you fished it is it expensive for the day

No, and don't know. I just looked it up online for you. ;)

thanks srameem

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭danbrosnan

Looks to be quite expensive and is a spate river which means the best fishing is in or after a flood, lovely river tho...

• Advertisement

thanks dan i might give them a ring and see might be out of my budget do you know if there is anywhere else nearby that you can salmon fish for a reasonable price

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭danbrosnan

bizidea wrote: »
    thanks dan i might give them a ring and see might be out of my budget do you know if there is anywhere else nearby that you can salmon fish for a reasonable price

You have loads of rivers that would be similar and are not private, the laune is quite reasonable and is a fantastic river that can be fished in all conditions...

There is loads of small spate rivers which are free you just need your state license...

thanks dan will be down in Kenmare in about 3 weeks for a couple of days would love to give some of these rivers a go I am sure there is a tackle shop or somewhere in kenmare I can get more info

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭popsy09

Even if ya don't fish sheen it's worth it just to go look at sheen falls

The pool just on the far side of the bridge can hold a silly amount of fish I stood on the bridge for an hour few years back and watched them

it's still the most fish I ever saw in the one place

Advertisement