Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EXPECT the UNEXPECTED!

• 26-06-2014 9:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭

Found this over on another biking forum, just had to post it up. Incredible, off all the things to be looking out for.....lol.

LOOK AT THE SHEER DROP......

He should of well avoided it in fairness, into the left not right. BUT.....we dont know how soon he seen it. :eek: But he does throttle down a fair bit back I think he thinks it wouldnt bounce into his path!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭PLUG71

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Found this over on another biking forum, just had to post it up. Incredible, off all the thing to be looking out for.....lol. He should of well avoided it in fairness, into the left not right. BUT.....we dont know how soon he seen it. :eek: But he does throttle down a fair bit back I think he thinks it would bounce into his path!

Holy Sh1t! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I expected it

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

Looks like the group of riders just came down from there, could have been one of his buddies trying to take a shortcut!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Target fixation I'd say.. I would have done the exact same as him, you'd be so mesmerized by a bike rolling off a cliff to pay attention to what you were doing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

:eek:...wow..couple of seconds later he probably would have ended up over the cliff.............

:rolleyes:..yeah i know..couple of seconds sooner and he could have stopped....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Looks like he actually does a pretty good job of spotting it, but only throttles back without braking, obviously while he was figuring out what the hell it is. Until it actually hit the road, I thought maybe it was a sheep or something, so maybe he thought the same thing.

It's all well to say he should have moved left to avoid it, but that would have required a lot of prediction about how the bike was going to land. There's also a blind left bend right there, I think going right was the correct course of action given the information available at the time. If he had braked sooner, he could probably have stopped completely before it, but I can't say I would have handled it any better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Cienciano wrote: »
    I expected it

:pac:

I expected you to say that ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

seamus wrote: »
    Looks like he actually does a pretty good job of spotting it, but only throttles back without braking, obviously while he was figuring out what the hell it is. Until it actually hit the road, I thought maybe it was a sheep or something, so maybe he thought the same thing.

It's all well to say he should have moved left to avoid it, but that would have required a lot of prediction about how the bike was going to land. There's also a blind left bend right there, I think going right was the correct course of action given the information available at the time. If he had braked sooner, he could probably have stopped completely before it, but I can't say I would have handled it any better.

Maybe, but my priority would have been avoiding the sheer drop on my right and he has a decent view whats coming on the left. I know hindsight is a great thing to have now....but in the vid its like he just kicked it down a gear or two with no brakes at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭FuzzyWuzzyWazza

Seen this on the other forum yesterday myself, I'm pretty sure I would have needed a parachute, not sure if he hit the breaks or not, but you are definitely more agile when not breaking, perhaps he was thinking he could avoid a collision easier without all that weight over the front forks.

EDIT: Ah he definitely hit the breaks, slows down too fast, and the revs are dropping not increasing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Stainless_Steel

Bad luck. Good that he gets up and looks unharmed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

There was also the bike behind him to be worried about too, it passed him just after he comes off. If I was on a race bike with no mirrors with a sure death cliff to my right and a bike tumbling down from the left like that there is no way I take my eyes away from whats in front of me to check my 6.

Also bearing in mind the fish eye lens of the gopro skews reality here. Rider in his full face lid concentrating on the road and riders in front of him will only have seen that very late compared to us watching the video.

I can't say I would have done it any differently considering how fast it happened and if anybody here thinks any different they'd want to be motogp stars. The bike hits the road after 0:09 seconds and the riders bike starts to go down during the 0:11 second. Until that bike hit the road and bounced in front of him he hadn't a clue where it would land.

That being said, I think we can all agree that he's going to have some pain cleaning the inside of those leathers after that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 142 ✭✭nemoisback66

^^^^^
    WOW!!! I would have stopped to check my pants too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

gctest50 wrote: »

goodlad had a similar incdent on a sunday spin with us, except he was headbutted by the horse...yes headbutted i kid you not! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

1 thing they should have slowed as it looks like the other bikes spooked the horse.

Always slow down and keep noise to a minimum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

blu3r0ri0n wrote: »
    goodlad had a similar incdent on a sunday spin with us, except he was headbutted by the horse...yes headbutted i kid you not! :pac:

not-sure-if-serious.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 62 ✭✭HamSambo

I always pull in the clutch if i see a horse. You could get a thick horse, he wouldnt think twice about taking the head off ya with a kick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

Cienciano wrote: »
    not-sure-if-serious.jpg

LOL yeah I am, really happened wonda and lookbehindyou were there too. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Here ya numpty..... Are you coming to Clonmel with me tomorrow morning?

Selectively ignoring the PM eh? hahaha! :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement