Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Italian Visitor - Best Pubs to watch World Cup Games ?

Options
  • 26-06-2014 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭

Where might the best place be to catch some World Cup games for an Italian visitor to the city?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

Bull & Castle maybe if you fancy some craft beer... What other preferences do you have?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

The Living Room, just off O'Connell Street, is great for football.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Passenger wrote: »
    Bull & Castle maybe if you fancy some craft beer... What other preferences do you have?

Dunno about the World Cup, but they refused to put on the commentary when I was in a for a Champions League game a while ago. Not really a sports bar.

The Living Room or Sinnotts are the places to go if you want a big atmosphere. I prefer to watch them somewhere quieter, like the Hop House.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭bonerjams03

O'Neill's on Suffolk Street was decent when I was in the other night, commentary on in the (lovely) smoking area - you could call it a bit touristy, but it's still a nice bar.

Advertisement