Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bar with American crowd

Options
  • 26-06-2014 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭

Looking for a bar to watch the USA v Belgium game next Tuesday. A friend (Irish) who has lived in the US for 15 years is home for a few days. He'll be needing the hoopin' 'n a hollerin' that only our friends across the pond can provide....! Not looking for somewhere that attracts loads of US tourists, but somewhere where expat Americans tend to go.

I know the Woolshed gets the international crowd but I'm looking for somewhere a little bit more ...eh .... normal!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

Kehoes just off Grafton Street is a good spot. Porterhouse would be grand too (I'm biased as I like their beers).

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Kehoes just off Grafton Street is a good spot. Porterhouse would be grand too (I'm biased as I like their beers).

Do either of them have TVs? Don't recall seeing any in either.

No idea where US expats may be, but Synotts is always a decent spot to watch a match. They've got a couple of big screens and there's usually a decent crowd for matches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

Zaph wrote: »
    Do either of them have TVs? Don't recall seeing any in either.

Thought I saw a telly in Porterhouse! Could be right though.

Advertisement