Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to promote a new sportive (Cycle Ataxia)

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭afishyfish

Hi all. I've compiled a short survey to try to determine how we can improve our event when planning for next year. I know a couple of you guys participated (and I thank you for that). I was hoping you might take a couple of minutes to complete the survey so I know what areas need to be improved.
    Thanks again.
    View the Survey here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭derealbadger

I would say that the date is very important having it on the same day as the tour of Kildare that had 600 odd people doing it. I would have supported if it had been on a different day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Sorry, post duplicated.

I would say that the date is very important having it on the same day as the tour of Kildare that had 600 odd people doing it. I would have supported if it had been on a different day

Same as that. Tour of Kildare is well established.
    And the two events are pretty much equidistant from Dublin.

• Advertisement

Sorry, post triplicated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Bloggsie

done.

Eamonnator wrote: »
    Same as that. Tour of Kildare is well established.
    And the two events are pretty much equidistant from Dublin.

I agree this wasn't ideal. In my defence, (and it may sound childish, but...) I booked it first. After that it was out of my control.

afishyfish wrote: »
    I agree this wasn't ideal. In my defence, (and it may sound childish, but...) I booked it first. After that it was out of my control.

Tour of Kildare is always on the 2nd Sunday in August.

I hope, you can sort out something for next year.
    It would suit me down to the ground.

Eamonnator wrote: »
    Tour of Kildare is always on the 2nd Sunday in August.

I didn't realize this. Will know for next year. If and when we repeat it, we would probably go for a June date. (To get it out of the way and enjoy my summer). Can anybody suggest pro's or con's for moving to June. Obviously we don't want to clash with the Wicklow 100/200. Anything else to be avoided in June?

• Advertisement

Tour of Louth, 1st Sunday, June.
    4th Sunday, Maracycle, Wicklow Peaks Cycle.
    Swords have a sportive in June, as well..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Filled in survey. Nothing really to add to other comments above - the delay at the start was annoying. Even if an announcement had been made apologising for the delay that would have helped. But that aside - excellent event. Well organised, well marshalled and the volunteers everywhere were great!

And I just realised that I was pictured with 2 boardsies on the facebook page. I'm the one with the boards cap and GC jersey (I had the green boards one on underneath as a base layer).

319089.PNG
    319090.PNG

Thanks for the feedback and thanks for turning out despite the weather.
    We're meeting this evening to discuss the viability of repeating in 2015.

Hi all.
    Thought you might like to know that following our meeting; we've decided to repeat the event in 2015.
    By the way, for anybody interested, looks like we're going to hit the €15,000 mark for our cahrities.
    Thank you all for the advice over the past months.
    I've set up a new thread in the hope of gaining advice in the organisation of next years event.
    Please check it out.

www.boards.ie/CycleAtaxia2015

Advertisement