Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subway

Options
  • 27-06-2014 1:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭

Is there a subway in the city centre with a decent sit down area? Not the tiny ones at the back of a londis.

And any places for lunch that do a nice sandwich other than subway? Thanks..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

risteard7 wrote: »
    Is there a subway in the city centre with a decent sit down area? Not the tiny ones at the back of a londis.

There's one with a seating area on Parliament St.

For a decent alternative sandwich, try the Ugly Duckling in the Epicurean Foodhall. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

there's a new big one outside the new entrance of Pearse Station on Pearse St with lots of seating.

The Coffee House one door up from it does fantastic paninis which are way nicer though!

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭sw33t_r3v3ng3

Its a shame there isn't more Subway's around Ireland! I love subway but there never seems to be many around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭smellmepower

One on Thomas Street with a big sit down area opposite Arthurs pub,might be one on Amiens Street across from Connolly Station too iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

I remember when there was only one. At least one I knew on the beginning of nassau street. I think it was there when I worked on grafton street in 1996. No idea how long before that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

On Merrion square beside the Mont Clare hotel. Some seats on ground level, lots in the basement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

risteard7 wrote: »

I give you The Best Sandwich in Dublin thread. Personal recommendations would be Pig & Heifer, Brother Hubbards and Ugly Duckling. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I remember when there was only one. At least one I knew on the beginning of nassau street. I think it was there when I worked on grafton street in 1996. No idea how long before that.

The Metro Herald last week had an ad celebrating Subway's 20 years in Ireland. I think Nassau St was the first one indeed. I seem to recall one at the corner of Dame St and Georges St too where Rick's Real Hamburgers is now.

To the poster who said there isn't that many in Ireland, check out their website's store locator - theres at least 100 with 50 in Dublin alone! Surely thats enough to satisfy the nation!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

ongarboy wrote: »
    The Metro Herald last week had an ad celebrating Subway's 20 years in Ireland. I think Nassau St was the first one indeed. I seem to recall one at the corner of Dame St and Georges St too where Rick's Real Hamburgers is now.

To the poster who said there isn't that many in Ireland, check out their website's store locator - theres at least 100 with 50 in Dublin alone! Surely thats enough to satisfy the nation!!

Agree. Never payed much attention to it there on nassau, but when they started popping up everywhere I finally visited one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭smellmepower

One that used to be across from Doran's in Temple Bar was the first I remember noticing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

I think the Subway upstairs on Grafton Street has some seats too. Not much, but more than the tiny ones like the one in the GPO arcade.

Even if I'm in the CC, I always go to the Subway in Phibsborough on the way back. It's big.

Advertisement