Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bachelor's Walk to Eccles Street

Options
  • 27-06-2014 7:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭

Would anyone know the bus route/stops to do the journey from bachelor's walk to excels street?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,214 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Do you mean Exchequer street? You could walk it.
    To bus it you would get any of the buses going up Dame Street and walk the last bit.
    27, 123 off the top of my head are two frequent services. You'd get the 123 on O'Connell Street and the 27 on Hawkins Street.

Really though you'd walk in in ten minutes easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Darkest Horse

spurious wrote: »
    Do you mean Exchequer street? You could walk it.
    To bus it you would get any of the buses going up Dame Street and walk the last bit.
    27, 123 off the top of my head are two frequent services. You'd get the 123 on O'Connell Street and the 27 on Hawkins Street.

Really though you'd walk in in ten minutes easily.

I'd say he means Eccles Street? Maybe not.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,214 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

D'Oh. I was trying to think what else auto correct could make it.
    Eccles Street - far side of O'Connell Street, buses going up Dorset Street, 3, 11 etc., also the 122.

Or walk in about 25 minutes, maybe less.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,734 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

spurious wrote: »
    D'Oh. I was trying to think what else auto correct could make it.
    Eccles Street - far side of O'Connell Street, buses going up Dorset Street, 3, 11 etc., also the 122.

Or walk in about 25 minutes, maybe less.

The 3 has not existed for three years!

OP - If it is Eccles Street, then any of:
    1, 11, 13, 16, 38, 38a, 38b, 40, 44, 46a or 122 will all take you there from O'Connell Street (heading north).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Guys, thanks a million for the replies! But change of plan.....my drop of now is Georges Quay so will need to get to Eccles street from there! Will get to o connell street and get on of the buses mentioned. Thanks again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,734 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

LowOdour wrote: »
    Guys, thanks a million for the replies! But change of plan.....my drop of now is Georges Quay so will need to get to Eccles street from there! Will get to o connell street and get on of the buses mentioned. Thanks again

You can also get the 1, 11, 13, 16, 40, 44, 46a, 122 from Westmoreland Street if that's any easier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

walk straight up oconnell street and parnell square(to the right of the amabassador). Turn right at dorset street and you arrive at eccles street on the left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Thread title street name amended

• Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Thanks folks...made it there and back! Its actually quite a simple route ( even for a country boy like myself). Took about 20 min to walk...although probably had to do with taking one wrong turn!

Thanks again

Advertisement