Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Safe overnight parking?

Options
  • 27-06-2014 9:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭

Is there any parking house open until Midnight?

Was wondering were people park their cars safely during a night out, had bad experiences before so kinda wondering what the best place would be or if there is any parking areas open until late?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

QPark on Grand Parade

Times

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

Paul St is open till midnight, flat rate of €3.50 from 18:30.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

Thats great, thanks a lot!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Hogzy wrote: »
    QPark on Grand Parade

Times

you may need to re-mortgage your house if parking in that place ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

I think tis pricey too but I think they have an overnight night of €10 or something like that and if you have an axa card you can get a discount. But of course they make it awkward you don't pay for your ticket in the machine,you must drive down and call to the chap in the booth show him your card and pay for it there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

you may need to re-mortgage your house if parking in that place ;)

Milly33 wrote: »
    I think tis pricey too but I think they have an overnight night of €10 or something like that and if you have an axa card you can get a discount. But of course they make it awkward you don't pay for your ticket in the machine,you must drive down and call to the chap in the booth show him your card and pay for it there

7pm to 9am is €4. It would hardly break the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

Hogzy wrote: »
    QPark on Grand Parade

Don't know if it's still the case, but something to keep in mind about this place is trying to get back in there to collect your car.

I used to park here when I was working till about 2am in the city and by the time I was finished the entrances were electronically locked
    which should be no problem but the card reader opposite the Brog hardly ever worked.

Depending on the night, it often meant you'd have hassle from the drunken masses or the usual fights spilling over from the ratwalk crowd.

In the end I would just head to the main roller shutter and either wait for it to open when a car was exiting, or use the intercom to contact whoever was able to let me in.

On the plus side which again they may no longer do, but the guys in SoHo are pretty cool about validating your ticket,
    even if you just pop in to use the toilets, find the right person at the right time, they'll validate your parking and if you're back early enough to catch the guy at the QPark desk you won't have to pay.

Other than that I would recommend the place.

Although it was a right pain trying to get back into a 3dr car when the people beside you park too close.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,394 ✭✭✭ofcork

If I park in town at night the south mall would be ok ,never had an issue there but did on other streets.

Advertisement