Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Life of an alcoholic

Options
  • 27-06-2014 9:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi everyone, please to meet everyone here. I'm new and looking around I think that the threads here are interesting. Right now I'm doing my research paper and I chose the topic "life of an alcoholic". I hope you could help me with this. So here are some of my queries.

Why did you started drinking?
    What is the strongest alcohol you've tried?
    How long have you been drinking?
    On what point in your life did you trigger that you're already addicted to alcohol?

Will still have some follow up question next time. Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Hi everyone, please to meet everyone here. I'm new and looking around I think that the threads here are interesting. Right now I'm doing my research paper and I chose the topic "life of an alcoholic". I hope you could help me with this. So here are some of my queries.

Why did you started drinking?
    What is the strongest alcohol you've tried?
    How long have you been drinking?
    On what point in your life did you trigger that you're already addicted to alcohol?

Will still have some follow up question next time. Thank you.

Everybody else was doing it.

Poteen I think.

Thirty years.

When I stopped I only realised how badly addicted I was.

But seriously OP, every body is different in there life of why what and how much they drank and most people would not be into giving there life stories on the internet to an anonymous poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Carpet diem

realies wrote: »

Poteen I think.

Thirty years.

But seriously OP, every body is different in there life of why what and how much they drank and most people would not be into giving there life stories on the internet to an anonymous poster.

Agreed.

More urgent things to tend to

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭LeonardNelson

realies wrote: »

Poteen I think.

Thirty years.

Thank you for your answer highly appreciated it. I've been asking also recovered people regarding this personally. And interacting here seems a big help too because I see shared experience and opinions here.

How did you overcome it? Did you get some help from support group and rehab? How's your experience?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

I didn't overcome it. I stopped drinking.I know if I had even one drink now in about a month I be back to where I was all them years ago.

I got help from this brilliant place HSE.ie - Addiction Services in Dublin West
    Addiction Counselling Services: Drug Services Glen Abbey Centre, Belgard Road, Tallaght, Dublin 24 (01) 458 5001. Alcohol Services Glen Abbey Centre ...I also went to a few AA meetings where I met a lot of like minded people with the same goals as myself,and with the help of them good people we all helped one another.

My experience is that it was the best move I have made in my life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Hi LeonardNelson,

I'm not sure how comfortable I am with having an open thread about this.

I'll close this, and if anyone wants to chat with you about their situation, then they can send you a PM.

The OP seems well-intentioned to me, so it would be nice to help them out if anyone is comfortable doing so.

Hope that's alright with everyone.

Cheers,

Dave

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement