Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camp 10 mile Trail Run - tomorrow

Options
  • 27-06-2014 9:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭

No, it's not fancy dress!! Camp is a village in Kerry :-)

Anyone Kerry based or down Kerry way for the weekend might be interested in this:-

http://runthekingdom.ie/events-calendar/june-camp-trail-summer-running-festival/

Possibly a little overpriced but a beautiful part of the world for a run. Likely to be a small enough crowd - 100 or so at most I would say.

Comments

Damn, first I saw of it and would love to, not half enough off road stuff in Kerry, apart from the 3 IMRA runs and a couple of commercial ones like the Wild West. But kinda committed myself to Millstreet 10k tonight and hiking tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭JohnDozer

Well that was tough... One of those ones where having the route profile studied in advance would have helped... if only to mentally prepare for the torture!!! Course rose steadily for the first 4.5 miles, with the final rise one of the steepest I have encountered on a run, with a high point of 1100 feet which everyone I saw walked, no one maintaining a run on it. First 3 miles were on road, with a shortcut across a narrow trail shortly after the start, the middle 4/5 miles were a mix of farmers road and bog road with the final 3 miles back on road. These last three miles are mainly downhill so a good opportunity to hammer it home if you've any legs left! Only about 50 or 60 entered but a good buzz around the place none the less. I'd definately enter more races like this, not sure if I'd pay €30 for one on an ongoing basis but on a one off I'll tolerate it. Run the kingdom do organise good events, I've done a few, but their pricing is top end, which they might need to consider to attract more numbers in my opinion. They have set a date for next years one so pencil it in if you like this kind of race!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I did it too. Walking climb was unreal. I'll do ot again though. If they did away with the t shirt and medal, they could drop the fee a good bit. I couldn't find a top that fitted me, and I wasn't exactly last home.

Advertisement