Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Instant red on the Soccer forum?

Options
  • 27-06-2014 9:45am
    Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I received an instant red card without Mod warning on the Soccer forum for the following post...
    Just to make it clear in case you accuse me of ignoring you - well I am as I have no confidence you will answer any posts straight, and you will continue to pretend and take up things differently. Post utter tosh and accuse others.

ProF hit the nail on the head and said it more eloquently than I ever could.
    Like myself he seems to have the measure of you.

One improve though is you've stop your childish 'Jeff' references.
    ...which I find extremely harsh tbh.

the above post was my last reply (and clearly highlighted) in a string of posts by myself (and a number of other posters) highlighting some bizarre posting by the a certain user.

I did not reply to posts after the above even after being called 'sneaky' to which I ignored, as I found it bizarre as everything I posted and responded to was on an open forum.

I have asked Mickaroo to look at the trail of posts leading up to mine (not just my posts but others who were highlighting the obvious) before I used this service, but I have not received a reply.
    I understand Mickaroo may be busy etc so I am willing to wait whatever is needed to get my case looked into.

Can you please have a look at this for me.

Thanks in advance.

edit:
    Mickaroo has kindly responding via PM and is unwilling to lift the red card, so can I please have this escalated. thank you.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Just been looking at this

First thing to say is this was clearly a very sensitive thread, with various other threads on the Suarez incident being locked. As I am sure you will acknowledge this was never going to be an easy topic to manage.

I am aware of an incredible number of reported posts following the Suarez incident the other night and the mods allowed discussion to continue in this thread after making this warning
    Kess73 wrote: »
    Mod Post: This gets turned into a Man U Vs Liverpool mess like the last Suarez thread was, and it will be straight reds for any one who tries to take things too far. Straight red will mean a one month ban so have a think before you decide to have a crack at that Man U or Liverpool poster you were hoping to annoy. A lot of posters showed themselves up yesterday so you will be easy to spot if you try the same stuff again.

Anyone that wants to troll in here and then run back to chatter about it in one of the superthreads will get the same red card and one month ban.

There are plenty of good posters using this forum who want to discuss the ban along with any potential fallout from it, and their use of the forum should not be impacted upon by posters more interested in oneupmanship than any of the clubs they claim to support.

So if anyone is unable to post like an adult I suggest either avoiding this thread or risk having to find another forum/site to post on for at least a month .

Usual forum rules apply to everything else.
    So what happened here was you (a Liverpool fan) engaged in a heated discussion with a Man United fan in direct contradiction to the above warning. The mod red carded both of you. The above warning made clear that this sort of behaviour would result in a straight red and resultant 1 month ban

Given the clear in-thread warning given, I'm not seeing any basis for overturning or reducing the red card and 1 month ban

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

OK, even though I find it excessive I'll take this one one the chin.

Think ill rock around to Mikes house for the month and we can reminisce.
    Just hope he doesn't bring up his opinions on Gerrard :p

That guys gonna be missed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement