Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covering up at work

Options
  • 27-06-2014 10:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, quick question. As some of you may know from the ISYM thread, I've a full sleeve on one of my arms. I'm on really good terms with management at my current job, so it's never been an issue.

I'm starting a new job on Monday though and I'd like to cover up until I determine the companies policy on tattoos. Anyway, I'm looking for a flesh coloured sleeve to cover my arm. I've seen them on eBay and Amazon etc. but obviously I wouldn't have it by Monday. Is there anyhere in Dublin that sells these?

I know I could wear my shirt sleeves rolled down, but dating back to my school days I've always rolled my sleeves up so it feels so weird having them down. Alas, it's still a last resort if need be :o

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Penny's maybe? Failing that if you have an underarmour top that you can sacrifice cut the sleeves off it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Dermablend i think has a really good make up thing, tbh If I was you I'd ring up and ask, much easier, I always point out my tattoos when I'm going for a new job

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭fiona-f

I'm not being smart or anything but would you not just roll your shirt sleeves down for day one at least? Surely that would be far less odd than a fake skin covering? As the new staff member, you'll be meeting a lot of people who will pay far more attention to you than on a regular day in an existing job and I'd be very surprised if they didn't notice a rather unusual arm cover and at the least wonder about it to themselves. For day one, you don't want to make a strange impression so a long sleeve shirt, even if you don't normally wear one, would be by far the simplest. It would also be the most sustainable if you do find out your company policy is very negative about tattoos. It would be far simpler than a cover-up every working day.

Advertisement