Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stolen Bike

Options
  • 27-06-2014 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

i know this is a long shot but my bike got taken (lock cut off) from Greystones Dart station on Wednesday (23rd June) night. i will take responsibility that i shouldn't have left it over night but i believe lesson learnt.

Anyway just hoping if someone spots it they could let me know.

It's a white ladies Kona hybrid bike - nothing overly distinctive other than its actually smaller than a regular ladies bike. Also it is has a crappy water carrier on it that keeps moving.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,928 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

is there CCTV monitoring the bike racks there?

I've left my bike there for days on end with no issue, however my bike is a piece of crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 reluctantMrsC

There is but they don't always work and i've been told they weren't working on Wednesday. I reported it just in case by some miracle it turned up as i would like it back.

My husband's bike was still there alright but had a bike thrown on top of his so someone was obviously on a mission - i'm surprised mine is the only one gone - it wasn't that special but i liked it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,928 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

hope you get it back - what type of lock were you using, & how did they break it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

Someone used a bolt cutters on my bike lock at Bray DART station and then tried to get in on the DART - fortunately one of the station staff ran him.

The thieves often do that at stations.

Might it have been taken then the trains were still running? CCTV in the station would then pick it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 reluctantMrsC

thanks for the tip zoobizoo i'll pop into the station on my way home - there was no one around yesterday evening. Not sure what good it will do even if the cctv see it - only that i will be able to say bye bye to my bike.

its so annoying - only moved to the area a few months and was finally making progress on cycling up the hills.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 Strikor

Hi guys,

My Grey and Black Mongoose Rockadile ALX was stolen from outside Tesco in Roselawn SC, Castleknock/Blanchardsown!

So, as im in the market for a new bike

Hello guys!

Can someone please help me!

Which is better please(i.e. spec)?

Claud-Butler-Mercury-Gold-2012-Hybrid-Sports-Bike

or

carrera-gryphon-hybrid-bike

I have no idea!

Thanks a mil!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Strikor wrote: »
    Can someone please help me!

Which is better please(i.e. spec)?

Claud-Butler-Mercury-Gold-2012-Hybrid-Sports-Bike

or

carrera-gryphon-hybrid-bike

I have no idea!

Thanks a mil!

I think that you would be better off asking those sort of questions here.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Strikor

Thank you :)

Advertisement