Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where's the "D"?

Options
  • 27-06-2014 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭

Well done to Sligo Tidy Towns on commissioning the fantastic mural of WB Yeats on the main junction there at Lord Edward Street.

On the front the building is the Yeats poem "To a child dancing in the wind".

This is a lovely poem that starts off as :

Dance there upon the shore;
    What need have you to care
    For wind or water's roar?
    And tumble out your hair

But on the wall, it's :

WBP_zps48f30683.jpg

So my question is, where's the "D" gone brah?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Good spot, seems a silly mistake to make, fantastic mural too, maybe yer man from Blow Designs can touch it up to correct it?

On another note, resisting the urge to tease Plazaman about 'wanting the D' :p

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭sligo camper

Just noticed that the capital A is gone... Lot of people noticed the error...It's been covered over for a second try...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

I would guess somebody cut-and-pasted the poem to send to the artist but missed the first character.
    As that other great poet Homer would say, Oh!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Its fixed now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Mongarra

If Plazaman's quote is correct there is an apostrophe missing on line 3 and "your" is missing from line 4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Fixed indeed. Apostrophe's'' aside, it makes a bit of sense now.

The power of Boards?

WBP2_zps5fe436e6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Mongarra

Nice to see somebody listens. Well done OP and whoever fixed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭sligo camper

My understanding is that the tidy towns committee wbo commissioned the mural and poem requested the change from the artist..

Advertisement