Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vendor in negative equity

Options
  • 27-06-2014 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi ,

went sell agreed 3 months ago.

Was pushing my solicitor as I wanted to have a quick sell and it seemed the other side wanted a quick sale as well.

Today it turned out the reason of the delays is that the property is in negative equity.

So I have to wait now if the vendors bank agrees to sale or not.

Shouldn't have my solicitor known that from the start or fairly quick as this should have come up in the searches?

Also is there any legal obligation to disclose this during a sell?

I honestly don't know and would appreciate some answers

Thanks

Dopsche

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭groovyg

Dopsche wrote: »
    Hi ,

went sell agreed 3 months ago.

Was pushing my solicitor as I wanted to have a quick sell and it seemed the other side wanted a quick sale as well.

Today it turned out the reason of the delays is that the property is in negative equity.

So I have to wait now if the vendors bank agrees to sale or not.

Shouldn't have my solicitor known that from the start or fairly quick as this should have come up in the searches?

Also is there any legal obligation to disclose this during a sell?

I honestly don't know and would appreciate some answers

Thanks

Dopsche

Maybe have a read of this thread, there are alot of posters in the same boat!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057011064&page=18

Advertisement