Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Another blow to the Darwinists' Dastardly Delusion

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

catallus wrote: »
    The miracle of creation continues to defy the vanity of Man.

Eh no, I'm pretty sure we know how humans were created now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

I like the use of assonance in your title, the triple D sound has the repetitive chatter of a Lewis gun, a wordy reminder on this fateful day when the poor Archduke was shot. Good use of the apostrophy too. Grammar to which you could set a clock.

EDIT: Well, I was going to go with "Divinity Delivers Deathblow to Darwinists' Deleterious Delusion" but my experience on this and other forums has taught me that if one over-eggs the pudding then much of the more meat-headed responses can be lost. The main trick is to keep the words short and sweet, leading people to absorb the message more directly and so they can respond at their own level without feeling over-awed by my genius. :p

Oh no! I'm A GRAMMAR NAZI :eek:

DarkJager wrote: »
    Eh no, I'm pretty sure we know how humans were created now.

No we don't!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

No we don't!

Science has better explanations for it than "created on a certain day". Creationists are ****ing soft in the head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

Consonance, dude. That's consonance.

And it is apostrophe. Not apostrophy.

I guess the excitement of delivering that Eulogy just kinda took Herr over - I apologise for his mistakes :D

• Advertisement

DarkJager wrote: »
    Science has better explanations for it than "created on a certain day". Creationists are ****ing soft in the head.

It is somewhat more fun though, don't you think? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

The miracle of creation continues to defy the vanity of Man.

The miracle of creation continues to defy the naivety of man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭HerrScheisse

Such bitter ugly fights about dates and how, but never a decent struggle about why?

Its like the Thin Red Line. "Whah? Whah???? What is this evil that dr-ahhhves us? How did we loose all the good that was given us? Let it slip away. Scattered careless."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

This thread should be put down as a reference for Poe's Law. I can't tell who's serious and who's being facetious.

'On the seventh day He rested'...surely that's when the evolution lads took over, no? Don't we all win, no? Let's all be friends and hold hands in the dark.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭HerrScheisse

Orim wrote: »
    This thread should be put down as a reference for Poe's Law. I can't tell who's serious and who's being facetious.

Would it make any difference?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Orim wrote: »

I doubt anyone here is serious. Even for the OP it's a bit of a stretch.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

http://www.rte.ie/news/2014/0627/626863-new-mouse-like-mammal-discovered-in-africa/

When will the Evolutionists just admit that God is still at work in the world.

This cute little critter must be taken as final proof.

Which god?

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

NewCorkLad wrote: »
    Can someone explain the platypus me again.
    It's venomous. The males have a spur on their hind legs. It probably won't kill you but it'll hurt like a bitch , probably for months.

And here's the thing even Morphine has no effect on the pain because of where in the biochemical pathways the venom acts.

Where is the intelligent design in an animal whose poison is selective against those with healthcare ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Given catallus's previous trolling posting history, is it worth reminding him that the RCC accepts the theory of evolution?

Then again, he could be Rick Santorum, a fundamentalist Catholic whose surname has become a euphemism for the mixture of lube, semen and crap that may arise after gay anal sex.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

It is somewhat more fun though, don't you think? ;)

No, a scientific explanation trumps "an easily annoyed wizard did it" any day.

Then again, he could be Rick Santorum, a fundamentalist Catholic whose surname has become a euphemism for the mixture of lube, semen and crap that may arise after gay anal sex.

Hi Pope! :)

As vulgar as usual, I see.

I like how Pope gets an exclamation mark for a greeting. AND a smiley face too.

Right before he's hit with this passive-aggressive 'vile talk' wail of indignation.

How very Roman Catholic to 'turn the other cheek' (once the others been metaphorically 'hit) - Opus Dei, anyone?

In other news I just saw National Geo doc on a third breed of human - the Denisovan - they failed to survive as an individual group yet their DNA exists in Papua New Guinea from when they did the sex with the Neanderthal and the 'modern human'. This discovery has just recently been made. BUT BUT BUT BUT STUTT STUTT STUTT - why did Holy Jesus make THREE human breeds, sher didn't we all think he only made Adam n Eve n Ad n Eve would be no different from any of us today (not a protruding browbone in sight nor a monobrow either)....so....
    ....out there yonder, in the wilds of sunset Africa, there exists a mysterious little shrew: who's related to an elephant but guess what? Elephants exist and so do shrews, how was this creature created? Evolution baby, that's what!...oh and the birds are evolved from the dinosaur, true story.
    New species of bird? God created it! Like just now, its on his timeline!

Whisper it: it was never there before sssshhhh its oh so quiet, its oh so still....

When is a shrew not a shrew? When it has more elephant DNA than rodent, that's when! Computers got smaller, phones got bigger and maybe our little female shrew recently rolled around excitedly in some juvenile elephant 'afterthought' if you know what I mean...n got a bit preggers! - mini elephant shrew!
    How do you do! They're migrating to The Shrewbury Road in London soon I hear but when you think of it, REALLY think of it - how would a shrew bury a road - oh that's right - they burrow don't they - take that road right down, they will!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

Is it actual Elephant DNA or does the same shape of nose count like the card game 'Snap'?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Hi Pope! :)

As vulgar as usual, I see.

Oh please. The fact that you can't lock me up in a Magdalene Kazett is vulgar to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭rozeboosje

If you know he's a troll, Pope, why do you keep feeding him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

As Bertrand Russell once said...
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

Advertisement