Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Will I buy a Leaf?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭KrustyBurger

OP here.

Thanks for all the replies. I've my mind made up. Come Aug I'm selling my car and going to the UK for a Leaf. As I mentioned in the opening post it's perfect for 99% of my driving. The other 1% I'll worry about later. The loan repayments will be offset by the fuel savings initially.

The Tesla is way out my range (pun intended). And there's no way I'm renting a battery. Plus the Leaf has a strong reliability record at this stage.

Regards comments about boring driving etc I'm one of those people who just don't care!

We also have a (very) small ice car but it'll do for emergencies etc.

Hopefully I'll get what I'm thinking for my car in Aug and I'll be back on to update you all on my progress.

I've my mind made up. Come Aug I'm selling my car and going to the UK for a Leaf.

Best of luck, though keep watching carzone/donedeal, some U.K imports turn up there at decent prices,

You might get an Irish one for 15-16K which may have more miles but could be far less hassle than going to the UK and driving it back, dealing with money transfer etc, etc.

Don;t forget you'll have to buy a home charging station or (EVSE) you might get one in the U.K or check out leaftalk.co.uk, they might be able to locate one for you at a reasonable cost.

Find out what cable you need and run it from the consumer unit to where you want the evse installed, mount the unit and the spark will only have to connect it either end.
    And there's no way I'm renting a battery. Plus the Leaf has a strong reliability record at this stage.

There is no disadvantage to renting the battery, if you do low enough miles it actually works out cheaper than buying the car with the battery over 3 years.

If you intend to do a lot of fast charging then renting the battery is a good idea.

Why people in Ireland are anti renting/leasing is beyond me.

Either way it works out in or around the same whether you lease the battery or not they're getting your money.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭KrustyBurger

@Mad-Lad

Actually I meant to ask you, you mention Leaf v1, 1.5 etc. How can I tell the difference?

@Mad-Lad

Actually I meant to ask you, you mention Leaf v1, 1.5 etc. How can I tell the difference?

Very easy, Leaf 1.5 has the darker dash.

17-2013-nissan-leaf-fd.jpg

Leaf I Dash

nissan-leaf-interior-051.jpg

Leaf I under the bonnet.

NISSAN_LEAF_motor_room.jpg

Leaf 1.5 under the bonnet.

2013_Leaf_underhood.jpg

Leaf I Boot.

2011-nissan-leaf-trunk.jpg

Leaf 1.5 Boot ( notice the absence of charger behind the back seats )

This model has the Bose Sub, on top spec model. not available on MK I because the charger was in the way !

Nissan-Leaf-trunk.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭dutopia

Best of luck with the car OP.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭the culture of deference

Advertisement