Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Westwood Sandymount

• 27-06-2014 11:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

Any one have any thoughts on Westwood Sandymount?
    In old posts, it seemed to have got a bit run down in the last few years.

What is the monthly fee like for peak/off peak?

I got this email below this morning; surely it can't be that much to join!!!!!????

Because you're a past member of West Wood Club , I’m delighted to invite you to our Private Membership SALE on Tuesday 1st July.

This exclusive 25th anniversary sale is open to only a handful of past members and their families.

The private 12-HOUR-SALE starts at 10am and finishes at 10pm on Tuesday 1st July.

Save 90% off the joining fee – PAY ONLY €49.
    When new members join West Wood Club, they pay €499 joining fee… and then choose the most suitable membership package (from only €1.33 a day).

But on Tuesday 1st July, because you're a past member, you will qualify for an exclusive 90% discount off the normal price. You start for only €49 - You SAVE €450.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭TommyKnocker

That is a sales tactic used by WW for some time now. Usually goes something lilke

Customer: so how much to join?

Sales Person: €499 joining fee and €55/€75 per month off peek/peek

Customer: Baulks, I can't/won't pay that much joining fee

Sales Person: Hold on a minute let me ask manager/check if I can get you on a just finished deal. Sales person leaves office for chat with other sales person, receptionist etc.

Sales Person: I have just spoken to manager/checked and I can offer you a once off fee of €75-€150 if you join now.

How much of a joining fee you pay will be up to how hard you haggle. This has always been the way. They won't budge usually on monthly cost, but will appear to give you money off the joining fee.

Advertisement