Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ongoing issue ordering broadband

Options
  • 27-06-2014 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

So, I work online. Of course, it makes sense for me to have a reliable internet connection. <snip>

Over a month ago, I ordered eFibre and eTalk. These were guaranteed to me by the sales team and engineers. Two weeks later, an engineer comes to my house and checks the line. He says, "In a few days, someone will be in contact with you about broadband". So, I thought, "Great!".

Two days later, no call. So, I rang up Eircom and they said my account had been cancelled. After talking to <snip> on the phone, no conclusion as to why this happened was given.

I had to replace the order with a new order. This time, they tell me eFibre isn't available and I have to order regular broadband. (No worries that I chose this specific house based on eFibre). So, I place this order and 2 weeks later, a modem arrives. I plug in the modem (48 hours til activation I'm told). Three days later, and no activation. I call and no one knows why although the sales team say it's active and the tech team says it's not. They'll call an engineer and escalate this I'm told. So now, after an entire month of earnings lost due to Eircom, I'm still waiting. I was also promised fraudulent service (eFibre) and will be taking legal action against the company for fraud and loss of earnings.

<snip>

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

manseca wrote: »
    So, I work online. Of course, it makes sense for me to have a reliable internet connection. <snip>

Over a month ago, I ordered eFibre and eTalk. These were guaranteed to me by the sales team and engineers. Two weeks later, an engineer comes to my house and checks the line. He says, "In a few days, someone will be in contact with you about broadband". So, I thought, "Great!".

Two days later, no call. So, I rang up Eircom and they said my account had been cancelled. After talking to <snip> on the phone, no conclusion as to why this happened was given.

I had to replace the order with a new order. This time, they tell me eFibre isn't available and I have to order regular broadband. (No worries that I chose this specific house based on eFibre). So, I place this order and 2 weeks later, a modem arrives. I plug in the modem (48 hours til activation I'm told). Three days later, and no activation. I call and no one knows why although the sales team say it's active and the tech team says it's not. They'll call an engineer and escalate this I'm told. So now, after an entire month of earnings lost due to Eircom, I'm still waiting. I was also promised fraudulent service (eFibre) and will be taking legal action against the company for fraud and loss of earnings.

<snip>
    Hi manseca

I can certainly understand your frustration and there does seem to be a lot of confusion in the responses you received. Would you mind PMing me with your landline no or exact address ( or order no. if available) and we will have this fully investigated.
    Tony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭eircom: Colm

manseca wrote: »

<snip>
    Hi manseca

I am sorry to hear you are having such issues with getting service delivered to you, Can you send me a PM with the Order no and the Account no as well as the full address and the name on the account and I will look into this for you.

thanks
    Colm

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Closing this until I have time to remove all of the nonsense and off topic posts.

Edit: all off-topic posts and replies to them removed.

Manseca, please watch your tone in future posts, abusive comments are not permitted.

Advertisement