Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online IBAN Calculator is fundamentally broken!

Options
  • 27-06-2014 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭

The IBAN calculator that can be found on the 365Online Add Payee site is providing false BIC numbers. Specifically, it appends "XXX" to the end of the actual BIC.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Janet

Cathalog wrote: »
    The IBAN calculator that can be found on the 365Online Add Payee site is providing false BIC numbers. Specifically, it appends "XXX" to the end of the actual BIC.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi, [/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]The IBAN calculator is linked with the Irish Payments Services Organisation (IPSO) and the information is correct.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]You will need to check with the bank you are transferring to, to see if you need to remove the xxx before proceeding.[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]I hope this helps, thanks, [/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Janette[/font]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Cathalog wrote: »

The XXX is normal afaik. The systems we use in work require us to add xxx in order for it to accept BICs, I suppose it depends on the payee as to what they require

As an example the bic we require from boi customers is BOFIIE2DXXX

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Johnnio13

Cathalog, BICs GEBABEBB and GEBABEBBXXX are equivalent. Just drop the XXX. It depends on the BIC generator.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Cathalog

Ah cheers guys. I wasn't able to add a payee until I removed the XXX. So I assumed that was the issue.

But it probably had something to do with the 365 system being glitchy in the past few hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi Cathalog, 

Thanks for your post. 

Apologies for the intermittent service on 365 Online today however, we are delighted to hear you have now successfully added your payee.

If we can help you with anything else, please don't hesitate to post again. 

Elaine

• Advertisement
Advertisement