Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

breaking a fixed term tenancy

Options
  • 27-06-2014 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

I understand that outside anti-social behavior etc., that a landlord can't terminate a fixed term lease early, unless there is a break clause in the contract.

I'm just wondering what such a break clause would look like. IANAL but I don't see anything clear in my contract.

Would something like this be sufficient ?
    5. BOTH PARTIES AGREE
    5.1 Termination or continuation of this Tenancy Agreement by the Landlord or Tenant may
    only be made under the provisions of the Residential Tenancies Act 2004.
    5.2 Any notice served by the Landlord on the Tenant shall be sufficiently served if sent by
    registered or recorded post to the Tenant at the property, or to the last known address of
    the Tenant, or left addressed to the Tenant at the property.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭quietsailor

carl_ wrote: »
    I understand that outside anti-social behavior etc., that a landlord can't terminate a fixed term lease early, unless there is a break clause in the contract.

I'm just wondering what such a break clause would look like. IANAL but I don't see anything clear in my contract.

Would something like this be sufficient ?

Non-payment of rent is another but the LL has to give the tenant written warnings and chances to clear the arrears before they evict you

Advertisement