Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brazil vs Chile 5pm / Sat 28th

• 27-06-2014 2:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭

First pair of the final 16 teams.

Brazil vs Chile - kick off 5pm on Sat 28th.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭xtal191

Hopefully this will be the end of Brazil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

C'mon Chile!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Viva Chile .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Normally I'd go for Chile in this encounter but for the sake of the craic and my own personal safety, I'd rather the Brazilian fans are kept happy for the time being. So I hope Brazil hammer Chile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

I read somewhere and now just looked it up again that Chile have an awful record with Brazil over the years. 50 losses v 8 wins and 12 draws. Last win was in 2000 and they only won twice on Brazilian soil ever.
    Brazil seem to be Chiles bogey team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

That's just because historically Brazil have always been a much better team than Chile. This time they are more evenly matched.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,060 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I think so many people are saying that this could be a big shock, that I'll go for a Brazil 3-1 victory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Despite this being the worst Brazil team that all lovers of Brazil can ever remember. I still and always will root for Brazil. A Chile victory wouldn't surprise me in the least though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

That's just because historically Brazil have always been a much better team than Chile. This time they are more evenly matched.

Maybe so, I don't remember ever watching a Brazil Chile match tbh, so I couldn't comment on their relative strengths in the past. Only saying. What with all the Chile love. Stats hold some truths.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

I just have a bad vibe about this game. Chile to be the better side but Brazil to get a whopper of a refereeing decision in their favour and win 2-1.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

In spite of being impressed with the Chilean performance, I reckon having home field advantage and having steadied their nerves by topping their group that Brazil will shade it - my 2c.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

At home, with all their history, and possibly a strong performance by Refereenho, I think Brazil will win. But I'd like Chile to get through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,566 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Think people are giving Chile more of a shout than they should be here, Brazil justified as strong favourites and as long as Neymar shows up, they should be ok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Chile 11/2 with PP
    I'll have some of that.
    Great value IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

This'll be a pretty close match, and while Brazil haven't played that well, they got through what they needed to, pretty handily in the end.

Chile on the other hand haven't been as extremely impressive as people are making out. They played well against Spain but were quite poor against Australia and were beaten handy by Holland.

I find some of the Brazil hate a bit strange too. Not quite sure where it comes from really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I said Brazil would win this tournament at the beginning because they are decent but more importantly they will get refereeing decisions.

Howard Webb will probably give Brazil a whopper of a decision to decide the game.

Should be a cracker of a game though, Chile are in a prime position to cause an upset.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

¡Vamos Chile!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,208 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Brazil team: César, Alves, Silva, Luiz, Marcelo, Gustavo, Fernandinho, Hulk, Oscar, Neymar, Fred

Chile team: Bravo, Mena, Isla, Silva, Sanchez, Vidal, Vargas, Medel, Jara, Aranguiz, Dias

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

jebforever wrote: »
    Brazil team: César, Alves, Silva, Luiz, Marcelo, Gustavo, Fernandinho, Hulk, Oscar, Neymar, Fred

Fernandinho in for Paulinho makes them a lot better. A lot will depend on Neymar getting at least some sort of support from Hulk, Oscar and Fred.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Come on Brazil they haven't been as bad as some are making out and although nowhere near as good as some of the great Brazilian teams have a great chance of winning the tournament.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭urabell

Early shock tactics from the Chileans will see an early lead which will be defended with fury until a late moment of magic evens things up, fear will paralyse the play in extra time, this will go to penalties where the result is outside my powers of prediction and inside the hands of the Gods

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

BrOg3JpCYAA1eWi.png:large

Hopeful that Chile will push them all the way to penalties at the very, very least. Though the 'Webb Factor' worries me a tad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I wish you could put bets on how much influence the ref will have on a match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭urabell

Why does nobody trust Webb? He's a great referee and doesn't seem the type to influence the game for FIFA

urabell wrote: »
    Why does nobody trust Webb? He's a great referee and doesn't seem the type to influence the game for FIFA
    You could argue his not sending off De Jong in the last final is a great example of him doing just that.

Not necessarily to do with Webb for me though, just in general.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,133 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

3-1 Brazil

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

3-1 Brazil
    Not if Fred or Hulk have anything to say about it! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭letowski

Would Brazil not be better with Hulk up top and maybe Bernard on the right? Hulk always played his best football through the centre for both Porto and Zenit. I think Fred's and Hulk's lack of form could hurt them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Brazil team: César, Alves, Silva, Luiz, Marcelo, Gustavo, Fernandinho, Hulk, Oscar, Neymar, Fred.

Chile team: O'Herlihy, Dunphy, Giles, Whelan, Brady, Cunningham, Sadlier, Ardiles, Hamann, Friedel, Clement.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Webb will be in FIFA's pocket Brazil to win controversially

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16 Sodeepithurts

NIMAN wrote: »
    I think so many people are saying that this could be a big shock, that I'll go for a Brazil 3-1 victory.

It's not really a shock if so many people are saying it. Chile are a good team, this is a close match, Chile winning won't be a surprise never mind a shock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Come on chile!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

A lot of disrespectful booing from Brazilian fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Not nice to hear the anthem being jeered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

I remember people always telling me that England fans are the only ones who boo opposition national anthems. Brazil were booing for most of the Chile anthem there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Booing of national anthems is back I see.

Come on Chile!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Poor form there to boo each other's anthems

Whenever Chile get around to finishing their song a game of football might break out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

A lot of disrespectful booing from Brazilian fans.

Classy showing from the home fans there.

Did Brazil just boo Chile's anthem? Pretty classless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

3 sending offs and a contravesial win for brasil

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Brazilians drowning out the Chilean anthem with boos. I hope they get destroyed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

Chile fans are at it too I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

David Amoyal ‏@DavidAmoyal 39s
    You know Howard Webb will break the record for Fergie time if Brazil is somehow behind in this match

Now Chile do the same back... doesn't look like this will be a friendly atmosphere! :p

All I hear is shouting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Billy86 wrote: »

Both did

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

Brazil to win. Neymar to shine again. Fred to score.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Lapin wrote: »
    All I hear is shouting.

Same here,a massive crowd just roaring whatever they feel like :D

Peter Collins "Maybe the Aviva will be like that one day"

Time to turn over to BBC after that comment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Billy86 wrote: »

Worrying what will happen if Brazil lose.

• Advertisement
Advertisement